• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a M2500 scanner , now what

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
I got my Snap On MT2500 Renix Scanner in the mail today, it is a little beat up and greasy but works just fine. I am able to read all the streaming data but does anyone know what "normal" numbers should be. Timing and MFI pressure and parameters like that would be helpful to know to "tweak" the system for optimal performance or emissions. Plus the mixture parameter keeps switching between lean and rich. I found all the parameters in a snap on manual but it only lists the range of each parameter which is of no use to me. I really could use a normal parameter printout or something.

Last edited:
Nickintime on youtube has a video on the 2500 and renix. Its not al9t of data, but he explains most of it, and has the REM deallydoo. Hes done alot of work for the renix crew

The switching between lean and rich is the one lambda sensing method the ECU uses, and is normal. As far as tweaking...how do yo plan to do that. About all I have been able to do is spoof the MAP sensor and the ACS sensor to dial in my Renix stroker. Without a Air Fuel Ratio gauge you are shooting in the dark.

Back