• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem plug wires

For my stock 2WD XJ I really like the Bosch 7mm Opti-Core. They smoothed out a rough idle I had.

But if your rig has significant performance upgrades like intake & exhaust, you might want to look for 7.5mm - 8.5mm wires. Accell sells some huge 8.5mm wires. Wires with good core architecture will help electricity flow better, & Accell has a good rep. I should also mention that I've heard the Mopar "performance" wires (a step above standard or OEM, I guess) are great.

Mopar performance set. No warranty but @ half the cost. I think I paid 35 for mine. Excellent wires. Spiral copper core, low resistance. I've had them on the Jeep for @ 6 yrs. now and they ohm out the same as they did new.

really... the xj is stock as far as engine performance. I plan keeping it as close to stock as I can except for maybe cold air intake. Its already striong...
Have a part number or a picture of the mopar performance wires that i might can see.?

Im running the Bosch wires from Auto zone for $27. The have a beefy plug boot and lifetime waranty. Previously I was running some cheapo wires and the boots kept pulling of the wires.

No pics but you can go to a dealer and ask and they can get them. Some may even stock them. They are larger diameter than the stock wires so they are a tight fit in the factory looms which you should try to use. Blue in color. I should mention I worked at the dealer when I bought these so over the counter you probably will pay 60. Still not bad when you consider how long they have lasted. I have put @ 70k on these and as I said, they have not deteriated at all.

Second the Accel wire - but I made mine out of the tailend of a roll I had lying about...

Next roll of wire I get will probably be MSD, but I'm just cranky and MSD has yet to make anything I don't like (but there are a few things I'd like them to make...)

5-90

Im running the mopars right now so if u wanna pic of them just ask me & i'll send ya one. Im savin up for my MSD system, there offroad amp ignition box, blaster 3 coil & 8.5mm performance wires. Big fan of MSD!! Not sure on what spark plug to run but it will be an iriduim.

Back