• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RenoFest 2020 Dates - memorial day weekend May 22nd through 25th

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
RenoFest 2020

Camping at Davis Creek in Washoe County - we have a group site there.
You have to hike your stuff uphill, we did not get the better group site.
Pricing TBD, but should be around 40-60$ for the weekend

Weather:
some years its very hot in the 90s, some years it rains all weekend and never gets warm or dry, last year it snowed going over highway 80 on Sunday. Be prepared for all of the above.

Thursday May 21st:
Optional pre game Night run TBD

Friday May 22nd:
Prison Hill starts Leave Davis creek between 3pm-4pm, recommended to get to camp earlier on Friday

Saturday May 23rd:
Spanish Springs trails, easy and a hard run. Will be eating lunch and dinner in spanish springs and wheeling as long as we can this day.

Sunday May 24th:
Knuckleduster or Bronco Canyon run.

Trails are subject to change

I'm stoked for Reno. My favorite event all year.

Spanish Springs trails and KnuckleBuster last year were a blast.

You have to hike your stuff uphill, we did not get the better group site.

Is there parking for RV's/trailers at this group site, or do we park at one of the parking lots?

I might try to get in on this one since it's local. I'm pretty much running everything the minimum vehicle requirements specifically prohibit. Also, someone (wife) might make OTHER plans for me on Memorial Day weekend, but if she doesn't I'll try to bring my father in law. Rubicon on 35s with armor. He might enjoy some new local challenges.

The spot we have has no rv parking. But you could call and get a spot with hookups and you could leave everything

Do we have the same spot where we don't take our camping gear up the hill from the parking lot?

Do we have the same spot where we don't take our camping gear up the hill from the parking lot?

Good trip to practice being a minimalist.

As you know, you don't need to bring a lot of food and cooking equipment since restaurants are close by and we usually stop by a store before hitting the trails.

Looking forward to it!

Good trip to practice being a minimalist.

As you know, you don't need to bring a lot of food and cooking equipment since restaurants are close by and we usually stop by a store before hitting the trails.

Looking forward to it!
89Mock--- 2nd line down. I just skimmed over it 😜 thanks

Wow yes I'm not going to do what I did the first time I came. I must have brought 200 lb of camping equipment, kitchen gear, and food. This time it will be freeze dried food and eating out.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

89Mock--- 2nd line down. I just skimmed over it 😜 thanks

Wow yes I'm not going to do what I did the first time I came. I must have brought 200 lb of camping equipment, kitchen gear, and food. This time it will be freeze dried food and eating out.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Yeah thats the right idea! And we will be stopping in tahoe on weds to buy more supplies on our way to hermit weds ! And we grabbed lunch in tahoe so one less meal to cool

Stoked for this, going to come out Friday, not bringing the trailer this time. Freaking snow Sunday morning last year....had me waiting at Cabelas for chain control to drop or buy chains for my 33"s!

I'm gonna start hitting up vendors next week and see if I can get raffle prizes for reno fest and Sierra fest ��

Back