• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much did you spend...

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
It's always nice to be able to measure an events economic impact on a community.

I spent $560 in Food, Fuel, "housing" and Parts on my trip to COFEST, $186 of that was spent in BV, Natrop and Leadville. Of that about $40 was Parts at the local Carquest, another $45 at the Food Mart, and $28 on camping fees at BV.

I know others like Frank and Tommie did other things like Rafting while in BV.

,Ron

JEONLYEP said:
Don't forget the $55.00 for braille rock reading lessons. :laugh3:
Zuki-Ron said:
Not sure where you got that figure, but it's a bit low :laugh3:
Well that's just what it cost me last year. :D

Zuki-Ron said:
It's always nice to be able to measure an events economic impact on a community.

I spent $560 in Food, Fuel, "housing" and Parts on my trip to COFEST, $186 of that was spent in BV, Natrop and Leadville. Of that about $40 was Parts at the local Carquest, another $45 at the Food Mart, and $28 on camping fees at BV.

I know others like Frank and Tommie did other things like Rafting while in BV.

,Ron

Man you got off cheap. I spent about $1K in fuel alone!

B

In reality it's not a bad way to go either. You have to remember I have to have accomidations for 4 so that means renting a cabin, a hotel, or pulling a camper. If I pull the camper I get about 8mpg with the Jeep and have to use the Jeep I just ran Indy and Carnage in to tow it home. Hotels add up fast, though campgrounds aren't all that cheap either. Add in the fact that I was able to take 2 vacations in the same trip and now you can split the fuel costs between the 2. Without the trailer there would have been no way to get both the Buell and the Jeep on the same trip. Plus you get the priceless cool factor of driving a FS Bus across the country.

But if you get a short bus it comes complete with "special" powers.

$2.89 a gallon for Diesel was a killer though!

B

Mississippi Truck & Trailer R & R Right front Wheel bearing and hub assembly with electric brakes $271.84.That was on the way there. On the way back home we blew 3 tires.L & R Tire Co. B.F.E. 4 new trailer tires. $347.81. Fuel cost for almost 4000 miles driven.$1284.00 Camping and hotels $340.00. Damage to right front fender and hood $2391.48 Damage to left rear door and quarter panel $1461.03 Food drinks etc.$400.00

It was a very expensive vacation but we sure had a great time wheeling with everyone and meeting lots of new people. I was planing on going to Moab but if gas prices don't come down I probably won't be able to afford to make it back out. Mid-West wheeling sucks.

96 Classic said:
Mississippi Truck & Trailer R & R Right front Wheel bearing and hub assembly with electric brakes $271.84.That was on the way there. On the way back home we blew 3 tires.L & R Tire Co. B.F.E. 4 new trailer tires. $347.81. Fuel cost for almost 4000 miles driven.$1284.00 Camping and hotels $340.00. Damage to right front fender and hood $2391.48 Damage to left rear door and quarter panel $1461.03 Food drinks etc.$400.00

It was a very expensive vacation but we sure had a great time wheeling with everyone and meeting lots of new people. I was planing on going to Moab but if gas prices don't come down I probably won't be able to afford to make it back out. Mid-West wheeling sucks.

I think John wins both the longest distance and most money spent :eek:
Cant wait to do it again next year ??? :)

96 Classic said:
Damage to right front fender and hood $2391.48 Damage to left rear door and quarter panel $1461.03 .
Dude you really need to find a cheaper body shop! :shocked:

96 Classic said:
On the way back home we blew 3 tires.L & R Tire Co. B.F.E. 4 new trailer tires. $347.81. Fuel cost for almost 4000 miles driven.$1284.00

I feel your pain! Finding trailer tires is hard enough, try finding a rim with a 5x5 bolt pattern on a Sunday in NE! Were you all ok when the tire blew out??? Were the tires that were on there ST's or where they regular car tires? When I got my trailer it had car tires. It was the second blow out before I figured that out.

I finally had a fairly event free ride out and home. Actually I had a few things go wrong that could have been bad but we caught them in time.

I.E. Trailer toung cracked (thanks to Troy for finding and fixing this). Front yoke on rear drive shaft cracked. Found about 30 miles from Troy's house. A few more miles and it would have let go and the whole Jeep could have done a pole plant!

Add to that, the $1000+ front brake job on the Bus before departure, food, camping etc...

If the economy is not in recovery yet, when next quarters reports come out it should be! :)

B-loose

planefixer said:
I think John wins both the longest distance :eek:
Cant wait to do it again next year ??? :)

yep, I knew Holland MI, would be a close call compared to Sheboygan, WI. Yahoo maps puts Holland, MI 10 miles further than Sheboygan. Sheboygan is likely about 50-70 miles closer as a crow flies but you have to go through Milwaukee to run across the state. That adds on about 50 miles.

Sorry about your troubles getting home John, a lot can happen in 1200+ miles!

B-loose

Bob, those were just car tires on the car trailer. No problem with the blow outs. I felt it right away and saw the rubber flying off the tire. Just the steel belts were left by the time I pulled over. I have the 6 ply trailer tires now.

Glad to hear you and Crunch had a good time and made it back home safe.

John B.

96 Classic said:
Bob, those were just car tires on the car trailer. No problem with the blow outs. I felt it right away and saw the rubber flying off the tire. Just the steel belts were left by the time I pulled over. I have the 6 ply trailer tires now.

Glad to hear you and Crunch had a good time and made it back home safe.

John B.

Ya, car tires are not made for trailer duty and vice versa. I also learned a spare is a necessity for a trailer!

Glad to here all is OK. Ya, we had a blast in CO on Monday and SD the rest of the week!

B

Matt, the Grand Cherokee worked great. A little under powered but it handled the weight and drove great. We averaged 11.5 mpg for the 3,600 miles we drove. Trying to keep up with Troy in the Cummins, Justin in the Hemi and Led in the Titan was a little tough on our way to Indy but we made it. No problems.

JEONLYEP said:
$250 to the body shop here at home to get the rocker box pulled back down into place and to straighten the "frame".....?

Daryl
Man, I didn't know how bad the Jeep was bent!

The back doors used to have to be yanked to get open. After I picked up the Jeep from the body shop, I about broke my nose, as I yanked on the back door like normal. And opened easy as could be!!
All the doors open much easier.

Now to sleave the "frame" or call Bob..

Daryl

Back