• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doetsch Tech shocks?

sweetjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know anything about these shocks?

I bought the OME kit from Rocky Road with these shocks. I figured the $100 saved difference was worth giving it a whirl.

I just took them out of their box this morning and they are not pressurized, it doesn't appear to be a fluke. Frankly I didn't know shocks came like this..

What is the difference between a pressurized shock and a non? And are these shocks specifically any good?

I guess I should have asked the later question BEFORE I bought them.. but.. here we are. ;)

Thanks !
Morgan

I've heard a lot of people say they are about the lowest quality shock they would run. I have them on my XJ and I have no complaints but don't have much to compare to. I know at first when lifted the ride seemed stiff but now after about 1000 miles I think everything has broken in some because the ride is very nice for a lifted vehicle.

Twistedimg said:
I've heard a lot of people say they are about the lowest quality shock they would run. I have them on my XJ and I have no complaints but don't have much to compare to. I know at first when lifted the ride seemed stiff but now after about 1000 miles I think everything has broken in some because the ride is very nice for a lifted vehicle.

Strange, your the second person I have heard in a week say they needed their DT shocks to break in..

...Shocks shouldn't need to break in, though?

cal said:
Strange, your the second person I have heard in a week say they needed their DT shocks to break in..

...Shocks shouldn't need to break in, though?

I don't think it was so much my shocks breaking in as the springs and such. But I do believe shocks need a short breaking in period as they are usually super stiff when new. I just installed a new set on my Mazda also and it took about 3 days for them to really loosen up and be pleasant on the road. Of course my truck has a custom 3 link rear suspension with air bags so going up and down with them several times down the freeway helped speed it up.

I've ran DT3000's for about a year and a half now w/ 5.5" and 35's. Mine have held up great, I have no complaints at all. Also, they shouldn't be pressurized, they're not gas shocks. Good luck!

ok wait, you ponied up for OME springs, but cheaped out on the shocks??? I'd run OME shocks with cheap springs before I ran OME springs with cheap shocks. You might've saved yourself a whopping $100, but you sure didn't do yourself any favors. :laugh3: I can't believe RRO would even sell the kit like that...

my pro-crap es3000's dont move...

you compress them all the way, they dont expand
you expand them all the way, they dont compress...

and they ride like sh|t.

i hope the dttech shocks work out for you...

sweetjeep said:
I just took them out of their box this morning and they are not pressurized, it doesn't appear to be a fluke. Frankly I didn't know shocks came like this..

What is the difference between a pressurized shock and a non? And are these shocks specifically any good?

They are hydro, not nitro. Basically, Nitro are gas shocks (usually nitrogen charged over oil). Hydro's are just fluid dampened. Nitros help fight aeration of the oil and also heat, good for high speed shock travel.

I ran dt's on my 95 yj with a stiff 4" spring. These shocks saved my back! They replaced some stiff shocks I had and made the ride much nicer. Actually the fronts were rancho 5000's IRC. Initial quality seemed good. I cant vouch too much for life because I sold the jeep not too long after..... they are still on there as far as I know though. They would be about 2 years old now.

Jeepin Jason said:
ok wait, you ponied up for OME springs, but cheaped out on the shocks??? I'd run OME shocks with cheap springs before I ran OME springs with cheap shocks. You might've saved yourself a whopping $100, but you sure didn't do yourself any favors. :laugh3: I can't believe RRO would even sell the kit like that...

AMEN!!!!

DT3000's are pretty good for the hydro shocks on the market, but they are garbage when compared to the OME's, and only $100 difference is pretty good for the difference in ride quality. That TrailBlazer kit is for those those don't know any better or don't ask questions, and get stuck with a big waste of money. OME springs and shocks are designed to specifically work together to give one of the best quality rides on the market, why screw up a perfect combo?

Sooo.. uhh.. crap. I knew I should have known better. But I figured this combo wouldn't be offered if the shocks were such pieces of crap.

Uhh.. well.. umm.. oh well, I guess that's what my dumbass gets..

Thanks!

The DT3's aren't pieces of crap, they're just not on the level of OME shocks, which are what the OME springs are designed to be run with. It's like getting a top of the line Alpine head unit, and then running it with Pioneer coax speakers from Wal-Mart, or a top of the line mountain bike frame and the cheapest suspension fork, or ordering a fine filet minon and drinking Busch Light, etc.

DT3's are just budget shocks, and you bought premium springs (OME).

XJ_ranger said:
my pro-crap es3000's dont move...

you compress them all the way, they dont expand
you expand them all the way, they dont compress...

and they ride like sh|t.

i hope the dttech shocks work out for you...
Is this the sign of crap shocks? I have BDS shocks and they do the exact same as you're describing. And yes, mine ride like ass too.

Mine were really soft. Still are but then again my rig only sees wheeling on the rare weekend I get the time!

Back