• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doetsch Tech 8000 Prerunner shocks

drumfreak77

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of brand new in the box of rear Doetsch Tech 8000 Prerunner shocks that I bought for the rear of my XJ. They are for 6" of lift and I cant use them because I relocated my lower shock mounts flush with my axle tube. $80 for local pickup or $100 shipped.

Yes you can use them and should. Just get the JKS crossover upper shock mount...I'm using 6" lift Bilsteins on mine with 3" of lift...good ride, and big droop flex..

I put an elbow/downturn right after the muffler on mine, then coupled two 'universal' mounts together to reach the OEM rubber hanger mount. The exhaust flow is dumping out just below the axle tube and the heat impact on it is negligible.

IMG_0184.jpg

I put an elbow/downturn right after the muffler on mine, then coupled two 'universal' mounts together to reach the OEM rubber hanger mount. The exhaust flow is dumping out just below the axle tube and the heat impact on it is negligible.

IMG_0184.jpg

Yup. What he said...Its not a big deal and the payoff is a nice ride and big droop.

Back