• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line

Jump This

Just another minion!
Have any of you used regular 3/8" rubber fuel line and not the high pressure stuff? Is there a significant pressure loss? Too much for our 4.0's?
I can't get any of the high pressure line here locally and my only other option is using 1/4" copper line, and I'm not sure how the fuel will react with the copper (don't think it should be an issue, we used to use it on our old VW sand rails back in the day.)
I have plenty of both the 1/4" copper and 3/8" regular fuel line.
Or should I just wait until next week to buy the good stuff (@ almost $7 per foot!)
TIA

Rick

I ran the 3/8" high pressure line. Its not worth blowing the line and spewing gas everywhere.

If it's on the feed side then I'd recommend the high pressure stuff just for peace of mind. If it's on the return side then the regular stuff should be fine as there's not alot of pressure on the return line.

Your NAPA should have 3/8 fuel injection hose. I know my store carries it in bulk rolls, and by the foot.

Rick, don't cheap out on fuel line no matter what. Burning is not something you want to experience.

Too late for that. It was ride #2 on LifeFlight.
:D

I'm using some stainless line and will be using the high pressure rubber lines just as connectors.
My wonderful wife has volunteered to head into Palm Desert to pick up what she can at AutoZone and the like.
I might be able to start it up tonight.......we will see.

You never did say whether it was on the feed or return side. I've got to redo the return line on the manche eliminating some weird bends in the tubing, planning on running regular rubber fuel line then using hose clamps to hold it in place where needed.

You never did say whether it was on the feed or return side. I've got to redo the return line on the manche eliminating some weird bends in the tubing, planning on running regular rubber fuel line then using hose clamps to hold it in place where needed.

A return line is not pressurized, so any fuel line would work for that application.

Back