• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 man out TSF trip

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
So my old roommate flew in from California, said he would like to go check out TSF in the winter. So we loaded upo the Green Brick today and went to look for some snow, we found a foot and a half to two feet in some spots of fresh poweder. It snowed off and on all day. The last two hours we were there it started to rain and make the snow real heavy, at that point I decided we had pushed our luck enough and headed home.
251.jpg

253.jpg

225.jpg

Sweet man looks like fun!

I have a question though, I noticed you have hood vents and have thought about doing them myself. Did you get any significant temp difference with them?

Thanks ahead of time!

Absolutely not, I thought thats why everybody did Lebaron hood vents? I can see heat comming out of the hood but it really didnt lower my temps that I noticed at all.
Also the other issue is now that is sits outside sometimes I have to take my rubber floor mats and cover the throttle body so it doesnt stick.

No problem anytime I can help Jason

Man I wish we had that much snow up here in Ree Noo Nv. Great pics guys, looks like a ton of fun!

It was a good run, however being the only Jeep gave me the pucker factor a couple of times when I let my old roommate drive. That was about the time we hit some snow in a turn around that came up to the bottom of my door and sloped down hill, I thought we were done for sure. I didnt care if I got stuck, I could have called Jarrod to bring out his F350, but my roommate would have missed his concert. I hope to get a little more snow wheeling in if theres any left, hopefully you can join me Scott. I also look forward to wheeling with you for Sierra fest at Deer Valley Joe, will be good times. I hope there are still some members left to go with me?

It was a good run, however being the only Jeep gave me the pucker factor a couple of times when I let my old roommate drive. That was about the time we hit some snow in a turn around that came up to the bottom of my door and sloped down hill, I thought we were done for sure. I didnt care if I got stuck, I could have called Jarrod to bring out his F350, but my roommate would have missed his concert. I hope to get a little more snow wheeling in if theres any left, hopefully you can join me Scott. I also look forward to wheeling with you for Sierra fest at Deer Valley Joe, will be good times. I hope there are still some members left to go with me?

I so can't wait for Sierra Fest. I think we are going up wed night to start the party. If you need any thing as we get closer just give me a call or text. Yes I am also looking forward to seeing your rig & doing some wheeling with you bro!

Sweet man looks like fun!

I have a question though, I noticed you have hood vents and have thought about doing them myself. Did you get any significant temp difference with them?

Thanks ahead of time!

they dont noticeably lower engine temps, but will lower underhood temps a little. They make it harder to cook food on the intake manifold for sure.

Back