• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changing driverside window motor on 89 xj

Just did mine 90 days ago. It's not too tough. Used my Haynes and my eye's, just a few tools. Had to do a little adapting because the used part had a different connector, but not a biggy. Had to drill out a few pop rivets to remove the old unit, then replaced them on the install. Take your time, it can happen. I think the toughest part was getting on the nut that connects to the window.

Drill out the pop rivits first, slide the window regulater over, undo nut holding window. Also make sure your window is down before you attempt this.

When you drill out the rivits you can slide the bottom of the regulater over to the right ( towards the speaker) you will have to pull the speaker out also. It should let the window come down far enuff to get to the nut that holds it on to the track.

Back