• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charlotte, NC.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I've noticed a few Charlotte people on here latelty. Do any of you know of any u-pull its or cheap places around there to get parts and axles?

Tell me about it! If I had the property, and $$$$, and the time I'd open one here that just dealt in jeeps. I have a source for wrecked units too.

Well, as long as you have a source for wrecked jeeps, your one step ahead of most of us. U-pulls used to be pretty common, but I guess too many people were ripping off parts.

Bad thing is, with the old u-pulls, you used to be able to scavange for aftermarket parts. Cant really do that if you need to specify a particular part. Bummer because I bet you can find some nice trinkets on some of the rigs in the yard.

SouthernXJ said:
Well, as long as you have a source for wrecked jeeps, your one step ahead of most of us. U-pulls used to be pretty common, but I guess too many people were ripping off parts.

That is part of it but the main thing is the Lyability Insurance from what I hear.

strokedwoody said:
I'm in Greensboro, we have several U-pull it yards around here. What are you looking for? I have a Jeep graveyard of my own with several XJs.

Aren't you the guy I meet at the Crawl last year that was haveing the issues with over heating or something like that? I need a CHEAP rear axle to replace the D35 that I have.

Ghost said:
Aren't you the guy I meet at the Crawl last year that was haveing the issues with over heating or something like that? I need a CHEAP rear axle to replace the D35 that I have.
How bout a d60 for around $125? or a 9" for $125.....or another D35 complete for $40? or a 12 bolt...etc....what do you want, full width or stock width? may also have either a waggy D44 set or amc 20...you tell me?

Ghost said:
My issue was my motor took a dump....lol, and yes that was me I'll be back this year with something way more badass(wth a fresh stroker)

strokedwoody said:
a 9" for $125.....what do you want, full width or stock width? may also have either a waggy D44 set or amc 20...you tell me?
Got a line on a XJ D44 but it is $200 then I have to regear! :( A 9" for $125 if it was 4.10 would be ideal! Don't care too much about the width but I hear the 80's F150 was around 64" wide. Don't want anything widder than say 66"!

strokedwoody said:
My issue was my motor took a dump....lol, and yes that was me I'll be back this year with something way more badass(wth a fresh stroker)
Yea you were coming off Slickrock that first day I think. I had the white POS last year lol!

strokedwoody,
Do you have a right front flare and rear step bumper in good condition for an 88 MJ shortbed?

There's a couple that I've seen. There's one on 49 in Harrisburg that's on your way out to Uwharrie, and another on 29 in between 485 and the Speedway.

Marty
'88 XJ - rollin' on 30's
'97 TJ - trail beaten

Last edited:
I'm going to one on friday located on Hwy 74 near Matthews(I-485 and 74) to look for parts. Don't kow if it's a u-pull, but will let you know.

gr8tires said:
I'm going to one on friday located on Hwy 74 near Matthews(I-485 and 74) to look for parts. Don't kow if it's a u-pull, but will let you know.

Cool...I was down that way the other night. It's a pretty big yard too...

Marty Fan
'88 XJ stock on 30's (for now)
'97 TJ trail beaten

Back