• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naches Essentials

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know a lot of people have never been to Naches, so here's some essentials to consider:

Camping: $5 a night is the fee. There is a message board and lock box where you pay as you drive in off the paved road.
Long Meadow doesn't really have designated spots so its first come first serve. However, space is a non issue, it's massive. There's plenty of spots along the tree line on the sides.

Bugs: Might want to toss in some repellent. Mosquitoes can be a problem this time of year.

Sun: Toss in some sun screen. It's easy to get fried when hanging out on the rocks all day.

Water: There's no water available at camp, make sure you have plenty to last you through the week or weekend.

Firewood: If you have any extra firewood laying around, bring it. I don't think we'll have an issue with fire bans.

Chainsaw: Downed trees on the trail can be a problem. If anyone has a small saw they can bring, I'd recommend bringing it. I'll have one with me.

Legalities: In years past we've had some problems with Johnny Law regarding rigs being street legal. If your tires stick out 8" and you don't have doors, you might have an issue. We don't have too much pavement before the trails, but we do have some (10 miles max).

Cooling: Naches has some serious elevation gain and hill climbs. Make sure your rig is up to par on cooling. If you run warm at a red light, I'd recommend looking into it. Having to stop to let rigs cool down is not fun for the group.

Tread Lightly: Yes, this might sound cheesy, but remember to tread lightly. It seems like every year I go up, I notice a new illegal bypass made on a trail. Stay on the trail, please.

$$$: Bring some cheddar for the raffle.

Dust: There's been a lot of it in years past, last year wasn't bad. Prepare for it just in case.

Last edited:
Back