• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Trail Discussion

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What trails would you like to run this year, or what difficulty are you looking for?

I'm trying to figure out a trail schedule, but would like to know who would like to do what.

Also, for those willing to be trail leaders, or take out a group, post up.

I really liked our routes last year, Bald Mt Thursday (moderate), over the ridge Friday (long/difficult), Lilly Pond to the rocks Saturday (hard). Depending on group size and trail difficulties wanted, I can come up with some more alternate routes though.

Usually the Naches Trail is closed during this event. I read somewhere online that this year the trail will be open by June 15th.

I am willing to lead a group on this trail. I consider 3/4 of the trail pretty easy, can do it in a stock rig with a little help. The toughest part of the trail is on the west side, this is also the funnest part.

I would lead a group over the pass to the west side, on Forest Service roads and return running the Naches Trail from the west side.

Usually the Naches Trail is closed during this event. I read somewhere online that this year the trail will be open by June 15th.

I am willing to lead a group on this trail. I consider 3/4 of the trail pretty easy, can do it in a stock rig with a little help. The toughest part of the trail is on the west side, this is also the funnest part.

I would lead a group over the pass to the west side, on Forest Service roads and return running the Naches Trail from the west side.
Wow, I guess that's one nice thing that's come from our snow-less winter.

I might be up for tagging along for this. I've never done the Wagon Trail since it's always been closed during this time of year.

Ok, my XJ will be basically in the stock lifted class. No lockers streetish tires with a badass shifter. My wife and granddaughter will be coming with me this year and they are new to wheelin, so I was hoping a couple scenic trips, one to the rocks of course and then somewhere else scenic since I can't tackle any real 4x4 trails this year.
And no telling my darling how crazy I've got in years past. LOL, I think I was up after dark one night when I was there last.

Wow, I guess that's one nice thing that's come from our snow-less winter.

I might be up for tagging along for this. I've never done the Wagon Trail since it's always been closed during this time of year.

Maybe thinking of making this the Friday trip? Or a two group split?

Anyone ever been to Lost Lake?

Turn off should be around the Tri-pod / Shoestring junction, but I don't recall ever seeing it.

Seems like it might be a cool area to check out for a mid day break.
Lostlake3.jpg

Open for anything, as long as I can drive my Jeep home, pulling the camper on Sunday.

My thoughts:
Wagon trail has intrigued be before, but probably beyond my skills.
I have a 16 year old who thinks he will be able to run trails over the weekend. Ya, doubt that. Maybe some standard roads, but...
Would be nice for my wife to drive for once.

Never been up there, but it would be cool to pick a few easy trails too because I'd like to get my wife behind the wheel on occasion. She's new to this. If I can get her hooked like a crack addict, its a good thing.

Also, any (quick) stops by things kids will like is a good thing too. We'll have both our young kids with us (2 & 7).

Does anyone know the area well enough to lead some more laid back and mild runs a few of the days? It's starting to sound like there will be some interest in this option. I have heard the 1708 is back open, which will make getting to the rocks much more direct.

Still not sure what my plan is, but I want to try and cover some ground as usual. Snow shouldn't be an issue this year, so I definitely want to head up Manastash for String and Tipover.

Night run to the rocks anyone? :cool:

Does anyone know the area well enough to lead some more laid back and mild runs a few of the days? It's starting to sound like there will be some interest in this option. I have heard the 1708 is back open, which will make getting to the rocks much more direct.

Still not sure what my plan is, but I want to try and cover some ground as usual. Snow shouldn't be an issue this year, so I definitely want to head up Manastash for String and Tipover.

Night run to the rocks anyone? :cool:
I am willing to lead a run on the wagon trail Friday morning, leave camp around 9 or 10am. Depending on how quickly we run this trail, I might try to head up to the rocks or just wait for a night run, we'll see how it goes.

I am also willing to lead and easy/mild run up to the rocks on Saturday morning, either running up 1708 rd or Bald Mtn rd, also leaving around 9 or 10am.

A night run up to the rocks either Thursday or Friday night sounds awesome, I'm in!

Awesome, thanks Joe!

Here's a tentative trail run schedule. If anyone has other plans let me know and I can add them.
Thursday 1000: (TORX) Bald Mt, Mud Springs, Clover Springs (if we can find it), explore south side
Thursday 2000: (TORX) Night run up Aardvaark Hill or up to the rocks
Friday 0830: (TORX) Kaner Flats, Manastash Ridge, String, Tipover, Tripod Flats, Divide... TBD, plan for a long day of awesome trails
Friday 0900: (josefxj97) Naches Wagon Trail (easier run)
Friday 2000: Night run, Raven's Roost (any volunteers for leader)?
Saturday 0900: (TORX) Kaner Flats, Lilly Pond, 1708, Funny Rocks, Moon Rocks, 1708, up and out Lilly Pond
Saturday 1000: (josefxj97) easy run up to Funny Rocks, Moon Rocks
Saturday 1700: NWC BBQ and Raffle!!!
Folks, we plan on rolling out for the trails in the morning. A lot of times we will not be going by Whistlin' Jacks, so make sure you are topped off on fuel before each day.

Sweet! Stoked to check out the trails and meet y'all face to face!!

Back