• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying out a new rubber.

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
So my tires were DONE, so I started calling around. Could not find bfg at's in 33x12.5x15. Nor could I find 33x12.5x15 MTRs. So I opted for procomp at's.
They were buy 3 get 1 free. 50k mile tread life, side wall protection for an extra 60 bucks. So far they drive nice, amazing traction on wet asphalt. The only complaints I have so far is the look is not exactly what i was looking for, and the side walls are a bit soft, and can feel it going around turns, I don't think the side walls are any softer then the bfg at's, but I have been running the mtr last few months so they feel real soft heh. Glad I stayed with 12.5's if I had gone with 10.5s it would have looked like it was on stilts. I will grab some pics later on.

I need new tires really soon too so let me know how those work out for you.What did you pay for them?I assume you got a total of 4 not 5 right?

where the MTr's and other tires on back order? I got my MT/R's from discounttiredirect.com and got a great deal. I tink i payed a little under $980 for four of them with certs and a 80$ rebate.

Yea I only got 4, one of my tires had about 9-10 32nds left and my spare that is mounted now is at about 8 32nds. So I will be in the market for another rim shortly so when I got on wheeling weekends I have 2 spares. They are super quite that is pretty nice over the worn out ear blasting mtr lol.

Yea the tires were on back order. Both mtr and bfg ats. None of them could give me a date. Only give us the money and we will send them when they are available. And I needed tires asap.

BFG at's suck balls anyway. If you don't rotate them every 17 miles you get bad wear patterns on them. So many other better choices out there, the BFG's have been around forever...but they are old school, not the best.

BFG at's suck balls anyway. If you don't rotate them every 17 miles you get bad wear patterns on them. So many other better choices out there, the BFG's have been around forever...but they are old school, not the best.
You're trippin'. I got 50k out of my set on my old truck. NEVER rotated them. I've got them on the Jeep, they do GREAT offroad, and also have a nice wear pattern. I've also got them on my repo truck, which sees all kinds of crazy stupid weight and the front end is never in alignment (i-beams) they also seem to be doing well.

Berween this thread, and the " I blew a tranny" someone might think this is the San Francisco chapter, if they wandered in on accident...

I had Procomp ATs on my old truck and they did just fine. Never wheeled them hard but did cruise around the desert on soft sand and rocks. They were on the truck when I sold it and still had plenty of tread after about 30k miles.

You're trippin'. I got 50k out of my set on my old truck. NEVER rotated them. I've got them on the Jeep, they do GREAT offroad, and also have a nice wear pattern. I've also got them on my repo truck, which sees all kinds of crazy stupid weight and the front end is never in alignment (i-beams) they also seem to be doing well.
Yeah, I hear that from a lot of people who love them. My experience has always been the opposite. I see set after set on customers vehicles that are wearing poorly. I would say out of the couple hundred sets i've seen, less than half are wearing well. Most are noisy.

Just what I see. :peace:

I have never had any problems with them except side wall cuts. The traction rocks in everything but mud.

BFG AT's: the final solution to the traction problem

(If you don't get it, go stare at the tread pattern for awhile)

Sounds like you have suspension problems. I almost never rotate mine and I routinely get around 50k miles on them. I am on my third set of 35x12.50x15s

Back