• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

If I don't go triangulate 4 link I will need to deal with mounting a track bar after the stretch I'm not sure where it will mount on my axle and not be in the way I was thinking I might mount it to the full hydro tube work instead of the axle itself ? ...am I missing a reason that would be unacceptable?

Air hammer and dry ice and I can have a rally car stripped away in a few minutes.

The Colorado BS thread

e1cd522535e1b26dd5dc5dd3ae5e509a.jpg

Asshats tried to steal the Jeep last night. Popped the drivers side door, went through the center console and glovebox. Left the GPS on the dash, radio, air compressor, all tools etc. Didn’t take a thing. They pried up the transmission shifter console, maybe trying to get the thing in neutral. Looks like it’s living in the garage from now on.

When these damn kids gonna learn...us XJ guys are cheap. Lucky to find loose change banging around. Sorry man that sucks.

With Pirate being kind of dead does anybody have any good resources on “Old” promod class Comp buggies? Think U-Rock and WE-Rock days. You know, before all this go-fast ultra4 BS came about and 37’s were comp standard.

e1cd522535e1b26dd5dc5dd3ae5e509a.jpg

Asshats tried to steal the Jeep last night. Popped the drivers side door, went through the center console and glovebox. Left the GPS on the dash, radio, air compressor, all tools etc. Didn’t take a thing. They pried up the transmission shifter console, maybe trying to get the thing in neutral. Looks like it’s living in the garage from now on.

That crap downright infuriates me. Mine got broke into a few years. Same thing. Went threw everything, left the tools and stuff (apt life...) And took an iPod worth probably $8. The window they broke cost more. I actually chased the guys off and got my iPod back but damn I've been nervous about my stuff get stolen or what not since. Good you're leaving it in the garage

My daughter asked me to remind you all that she is interested in being a volunteer event photographer for one of your all's next events, or outings.

Apparently they are going to rebuild it into a trophy truck and do a give away.

It is a pile of parts currently. Not much to look at curently Sd60, aam 10.5(14 bolt), 5.3, Th400, Atlas. Will be a 106"-110"WB 48"wide chassis rig that should weigh less than 3500lbs.

I might have just found the start for my next project, I'll find out in the spring when I can get up to the guy's cabin and try to bring it home. Fingers crossed the deal goes through though.

bVcDrFf.jpg

Of course I'll have to narrow the hood and grill about 5" and then stretch the WB about 27". Tub will get sold off and a lot of tube and sheet metal will be formed to make it resemble a CJ6. I should have it done in about 5 years, maybe 3 if I sell off both o my kidneys. :D

Last edited:
Back