NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > The Crossover Jeeps > The New Cherokee KL (2013 - Present)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

The New Cherokee KL (2013 - Present) Technical forum for the new crossover Jeep Cherokee.

Old February 1st, 2019, 23:10
NAXJA Forum User

Factory Lower Intake Manifold Upgrade

Well, I've learned something new on the 200Forums in the last couple days, apparently Chrysler is now putting a higher flowing lower intake on the newer P.U.G. version of the Pentastar engines. Not only will it fit the 3.6l back to 2011, but also will fit the 3.2l in the KL body Jeep Cherokee!

https://www.200forums.com/forum/58-2...er-intake.html

For the Pentastars that don't have it, this could very well be like swapping the '99-'06 4.0l intake manifold onto a '98 and older rig!
Old April 18th, 2019, 07:39
Member #674

Re: Factory Lower Intake Manifold Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
Well, I've learned something new on the 200Forums in the last couple days, apparently Chrysler is now putting a higher flowing lower intake on the newer P.U.G. version of the Pentastar engines. Not only will it fit the 3.6l back to 2011, but also will fit the 3.2l in the KL body Jeep Cherokee!

https://www.200forums.com/forum/58-2...er-intake.html

For the Pentastars that don't have it, this could very well be like swapping the '99-'06 4.0l intake manifold onto a '98 and older rig!
I stumbled onto this post a while back. I installed the newer style lower onto my 2016 JK Rubicon last week. While I can't say exactly how much of a gain it was the engine definitely revs quicker and I downshift less on my usual morning commute grades. It was worth the time and effort for sure. Thanks for posting.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 20:35
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
I stumbled onto this post a while back. I installed the newer style lower onto my 2016 JK Rubicon last week. While I can't say exactly how much of a gain it was the engine definitely revs quicker and I downshift less on my usual morning commute grades. It was worth the time and effort for sure. Thanks for posting.
Not a problem, when I read that it's a 100% alternative to porting the stock part, and flows better to boot, I figure I'm not the only person on here with something Pentastar powered that would find it interesting. Did you have to make any tuning changes to the computer to work with it, or did it just work? I'm debating about getting that and the MSD Coil Packs for my 2012 200 with the 3.6l when it comes time to do the plugs in it.
Old May 10th, 2019, 11:56
Member #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
Not a problem, when I read that it's a 100% alternative to porting the stock part, and flows better to boot, I figure I'm not the only person on here with something Pentastar powered that would find it interesting. Did you have to make any tuning changes to the computer to work with it, or did it just work? I'm debating about getting that and the MSD Coil Packs for my 2012 200 with the 3.6l when it comes time to do the plugs in it.
No extra tuning as everything else is stock. Still have the OEM air cleaner too. After 4000 miles the PCM has adapted and seems happy with the change.