• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winter (can we really call this winter?) projects

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
so who's working on what? I'm redoing my front bumper and bracing the track bar mount and steering box. I know Ron is putting in a front axle, Johnny is going deeper (in gears that is :D), and 2 people are putting in lifts: how about the rest of you?

Kejtar said:
so who's working on what? I'm redoing my front bumper and bracing the track bar mount and steering box. I know Ron is putting in a front axle, Johnny is going deeper (in gears that is :D), and 2 people are putting in lifts: how about the rest of you?

Gonna be building a ladder bar next tuesday, installing JKS adjustable bumpstops
front and rear, and have word from Terry at Rigid my front winch bumper just went to powdercoat.

P.S. Kejitar, saw you driving down the 57 fwy last week.Nice rig.Like your front bumper.

Chris

Kejtar said:
so who's working on what?

Locating another 2001 XJ :D

But the plan after that's out of the way is to get it lifted and SYE'd. It looks like the insurance settlement may cover most of the cost of the job, so I'm hopeful that I'll be ordering parts in the next couple of weeks.

I'll be getting my RE kit next week and I'll be putting it on next weekend. I'm more excited than my kids at Christmas.
Wade

currently I am finishing up the reinstallation of transmission and transfercase...broken flexplate.... Then the install of the 9" rear diff will commence, then regear the front to match the rear 4.88's....hopefully all done in time for TDS... after that if still not racing this year I will start building my HP44... Jeep is never done....

Another local saw Toms and my rigs and has decided he wants to fix his XJ up also....Hes got the bucks to have the local shop do all the work for him...and now I want to upgrade too. (can't have a newbie with a nicer rig than mine!!) Probably go to 33's....build some sort of an anti-wrap set up...although I dought I will build a typical ladder...maybe even get the National spring pack....need to rebuild front shocks....want better seats...the sport model seats are pathetic...need adjustable control arms...maybe weld a bung to the dif cover and tap it so I can run a bolt...sucker leaks....other than that....maybe even go out and do some locked in wheelin'....havn't added any new body damage since Los Coyotes closed.... :bawl:
Rick from :bs: Borrego Springs... :wave:

The HP-30 better be a quick one tomorrow...

I think the rails have had it, I know the rockers have.

Guess it's time for a winch and bumper, before I really get myself stuck.

Body work would be nice, I look kinda wistfully at what once was a really nice Jeep...

Other than that, I'm keeping things the way they are. Projects have a way of cutting into trail time, of course that '89 I just got might suck a few hours out of that :D

--ron

Kejtar said:
Johnny is going deeper (in gears that is :D)
Gears, SYE and DS, 33" MT/Rs. Hopefully everything will be done in time for the Ocotillo Wells run.

Finish second Jeep, Replace rear hatch on existing jeep, Do gears for another naxja member, decide what to do with the 3rd jeep, finsish jeep trailer, install hp44 front and ????? rear axles in existing jeep with 5.38 gears, put in roll cage and on board welder. Im tired now I think I'll take a nap.......oooooppppsss theres work calling so off to work I go. These 80 hour weeks suck. My wife doesn't remember me and my kids ask when did daddy move out!

I'm building an mj . D44's at both ends with a detroit in the back and a powelock in the front( I allready had the powerlock thats why;) some 456 gears ( had those too)a RE 5.5 kit, MTR 35's on soft 8's and unfortunately I'm goin to have to do something about the motor, It's making some ugly noises. I'm considering a longblock from mopar or maybe a donor if I can find a suitable victim. All I have right now is a pile of new parts and a pile of an old truck.

Back