• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTW: Are You Superficial?

The more I wheel it..... the less I care about how it looks. LOL

like tasteful battle scars :D
i mean look at my rig.....its ooooooooogly
IMG00211.jpg

mines a piece of crap but i wash it usually right before i wheel it and try to wash it one a week or everyother week. i try and keep the out side clean even though there are dents everywhere

lets put it this way if that mattered I would have never bought it

So true.... i tore my mirror off at Superlift this weekend (this is the second time that mirror has been torn off), and I am just thinking about leaving it off (since apparently it is usually what hangs me up), if that tells you anything about how much I care about its looks.

I don't care. I've still got a dent in the hood where Cap'n Texas was standing on it at Katemcy.

I care about mine inside and out. But, if I were to hit something up against a tree while on an offroad trip, I won't mind it so much (itd still bug me though). But if I were in an accident (as I have been), the damage will bug the shit out of me.

I wash my XJ every month or so, do all the maintenance needed, don't leave any trash inside, and clean that when needed as well.

i dont have a straight body panel on my jeep anywhere... so if i cared...well, i would spend alot of time caring lol

function over form

function over form

But what is the function? That would be an individual preference and does not answer the question. :)

If a person's XJ is his/her DD, then cosmetics might be important. Let's face it, who wants to take their date out in a beat up, dirty, nasty vehicle? I also know several gated communities that would not let some of the XJ's I've seen into the community. This would really suck if that's where you lived.

Or possibly someone wants to eek every bit of fuel mileage out of theirs *cough...cough*eflores*cough...cough*. Every missing body panel or large dent makes the shoe box even less aerodynamic.

If the XJ's function was a mud bog toy, the preferred form would be different. Or a trail only rig...or an expedition rig...or or or or.... The list goes on and on.

function over form means that having it being able to run is more important than cosmetics. not saying that cosmetics aren't important though.

I had the city put a sticker on mine saying to move it in 48 hours or it was getting towed. funny thing was it is my daily driver so that may say a thing or two about mine

I clearanced my fenders with a jigsaw and a shop maul. My pinstriping is "redneck pinstriping" (scrapes from trees on tight trails). I'm proud of my heap. It's a station wagon on 35s

Back