• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts from 1988 XJ, 4 door

Jay Welch

NAXJA Forum User
Updated 3/15/04

I’m parting out EVERYTHING from a 4 door, 4WD, 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. This vehicle was equipped with white exterior, gray cloth interior, automatic, A/C, power windows and power door locks. I stripped this vehicle right to the bone and all parts are inventoried below. If a part is not listed below, I do not have it.

I got this vehicle third hand. It was hit fairly hard in the right rear door and quarter.

It was missing the steering column and distributor guts, cap, wires etc so I never drove it or heard it run. Because it was in an accident, I have to assume that the 4.0 engine was running and the AW4 transmission functioning. The engine is quite clean under the valve cover. I’ll part the engine out to the head and short block if someone is interested. The transmission fluid was very clean and red. My gut feeling is that both pieces are in good shape. They've both been stored under cover in my loft.

NOTE: All packages will be shipped via UPS...sorry no exceptions. Minimum purchase to ship is $15...no minimum if picked up. If you are concerned whether it will be worth the money to ship the parts you can easily get a rough idea by estimating the weight and box size necessary From: my zip code (02351) To: your zip code.

Be sure to reply via email. I don't visit the site all that often and I can give you better service with email.

See IMPORTANT notes at bottom of list.

Thanks,
Jay
Located in Abington, Massachusetts 02351
Email: [email protected]

Body parts, lenses, etc
• Rear deck lid, excellent condition with glass & defrost - $25 Must be picked up.
• Hood, excellent condition - $15 Must be picked up.
• Left rear power window type bare door, excellent condition - $15 Must be picked up.
• Left front power window type bare door, bottom excellent, 1 small hole behind Laredo trim..easy fix with mig - $5 Must be picked up.
• Right front power window type bare door, bottom excellent, 1 small hole behind Laredo trim..easy fix with mig - $5 Must be picked up
• Right chrome headlight bezel, larger piece, excellent condition - $5
• Windshield wiper cowl cover, excellent condition - $10
• Left rear fender flare, good condition, gray color - $10
• Right front clear directional housing assembly, excellent condition - $5
• Right front chrome side marker bezel, smaller piece, excellent condition - $5
• Hood support rod - $5
• Right headlight retaining ring - $2
• Right headlight bucket - $2
• 2 hood hinges - $1 each
Glass etc
• Right front flip out vent window and latch, excellent condition - $10
• Left and right rear cargo area glass, excellent condition - $10 each
• Left rear door main glass, excellent condition - $10
• Left rear door, small fixed glass, , excellent condition - $5
• Frames for left front & right front flip out vent windows - $5 each
Bumper pieces
• 4 front and rear hard rubber bumper boobs, excellent condition - $2 each
• Left front bumper end piece (no stud) - $1
Miscellaneous
• Fuel tank - $25
• 2 fuel tank straps - $10
• 2 calipers - $5 each
• Air conditioner refrigerant hose - $10
• 3 steel wheels - $10 each
• 2 hood tension spring assemblies - $5
• 2 hood latches and rod, no cable - $5
• 2 parking brake cables - $5 each
• 3 chrome door edge guards, 2 front, 1 rear - $5
• Charcoal fuel vapor cannister - $5
• 4 chrome wheel trim rings - $5 each
• Brake pedal assy and brake light switch - $5
• 1 black wheel center - $5
• Power steering mounting bracket - $2
• Alternator bracket - $2
• Hood front center hook latch - $2
• 4 door latches (from door) - $2 each
• Rear deck striker - $1
• 4 door latch strikers (on post) - $1 each
• 1 oil fill cap - $1
• 1 cooling tank cap - $1
• 1 cooling tank strap - $1
Interior – Gray and Charcoal Color
• Glovebox door and latch assemby, charcoal color - $10
• 3 grab handles, gray - $10
• 2 chrome left and right rear inside door handles/panels and switches - $5 each
• Right front chrome inside door handle/panel and switch - $5
• 2 head rests, gray vinyl, not solid type, has the hole for your squash to fit into - $5 each
• Left and right seat recline handles, black - $1 each
Electrical
• Heater/AC blower motor and fan assembly - $25
• Headlight/parking light wiring harness - $10
• Most of wiring harnesses from front door posts to rear deck/taillights. I don’t have the wiring harness under the hood and dashboard or the RR window harness - $10 per section
• Trans and xfer case gear indicator lights/harnesses - $5
• License plate light - $2
• 2 rear door dome light switches - $2 each
• 2 rear deck speakers - $2 each
Drive Train and Shifter Assemblies
• AW4 auto transmission & torque converter, minus neutral/reverse light switch - $200
• Complete 4.0 long block, assembled but stripped of accessories, pretty clean under the valve cover - Pickup price is $200. Anti-freeze was green/clean but freeze plugs should be replaced as the rear plug is weeping. Will not ship for $200, might ship for $250 plus shipping costs.
• Complete 4.0 short block, (if parted from above engine) - $150
• Complete 4.0 head, (if parted from above engine), complete with valves, springs, retainers, rockers, push rods and head bolts - $100
• Dana 30 front axle, vacuum disconnect type, 3.55:1 ratio with steering knuckles. Gears are perfect and knuckles aren’t loose - $50
• Left front axle and ujoints Dana 30 - $25
• Right front axle and ujoints Dana 30 - $25
• Rear drive shaft and ujoints - $15
• 10 front wheel studs - $10
• Rubber transfer case mount for AW4Transmission/NP231 - $5
• Steel vacuum lines for vacuum disconnect - $5
• 2 front brake dust covers, not bent but a little beat where the hub meets them - $5 for both
• 2 caliper anchor plates - $5
• 2 front hubs - Best Offer
Steering and Suspension
• Steering center link - $20
• Front sway bar, bolts, brackets and bushings - $15
• Rear sway bar, bolts, brackets and bushings - $15
• Steering shaft with good u-joints, this section attaches to steering box input shaft - $15
• Steering tie rod - $10
• 2 upper control arms - $5 each
• 2 front coil springs - $5 each

NOTES:

1. INVENTORY and PICTURES: For an inventory of parts and digital pictures respond directly to my email address [email protected]

2. PRICES: If parts are to be shipped, parts purchase must total at least $15.00. There’s no minimum if parts are picked up.

3. SHIPPING: I only use UPS to ship the parts. Your cost to ship will be exactly what it costs me to ship. I’ll get a high estimate and send any change (with receipt) back to you in an envelope in the box with the parts.

4. PAYMENT: Payment for total must be made via money order. Be sure to fill out the front of the money order completely. Sorry, I don’t have PayPal and do not accept personal checks because it complicates the process for me.

5. COMMITMENT: The first person to commit to buying a part will get priority. Please remember to notify me when you send a payment. Failure to make payment in a reasonable timeframe will forfeit your purchase and it will then be sold to someone else. I’ll keep you informed of all status.

6. COURTESY: If I take the time to reply to you and/or get a shipping estimate, please return the courtesy by replying as to whether you want the parts or not.

7. FOLLOW-UP: If you don’t hear back from me in 1 day, please remind me with a follow-up email. I don’t always get back to web sites and often times I’ll get undeliverable messages back from the email addresses that are posted on a website. At that point we’re stuck. If you don’t hear back from me, resend directly to my email address.

8. TECH INFO: Please don’t ask me if the parts will fit another year or model. I really don't know that much about XJ parts interchangeability. A Jeep dealer can give you all of that information.

9. IF REPLYING VIA WEBSITES: Closely check the email address that you have supplied to the web site. Many times my reply gets returned as “Undeliverable”. I always reply to requests. If you don’t hear from me it means that I can’t reply so email me direct at [email protected].

Jay Welch said:
Updated 3/15/04

I’m parting out EVERYTHING from a 4 door, 4WD, 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo.

Because it was in an accident, I have to assume that the 4.0 engine was running and the AW4 transmission functioning.

The transmission fluid was very clean and red. My gut feeling is that both pieces are in good shape. They've both been stored under cover in my loft.

NOTE: All packages will be shipped via UPS...sorry no exceptions.

• AW4 auto transmission & torque converter, minus neutral/reverse light switch - $200

4. PAYMENT: Payment for total must be made via money order. Be sure to fill out the front of the money order completely. Sorry, I don’t have PayPal and do not accept personal checks because it complicates the process for me.

I emailed you on the aw4.

Re: Parts from 1988 XJ, 4 door - UPDATE

Sorry folks but due to time constraints I've had a change of heart regarding shipment of these parts. Parts will have to be picked up.

I will offer volume discounts :laugh3: This stuff has to go soon.

Jay in MA

Back