• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best all around long arm kit?

92xjRJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know its been covered many times but everyone now has many miles and years on there kits. So initially I was going to buy the synergy 4link front kit, but it is no longer produced. Im looking to get a 4link possibly 3 link. I am looking for real world input, as I finish up my 5.3 swap I want to be able to fly through the dunes but also I plan on doing the Rubicon by the end of next summer. So I want the best of both worlds... I know its hard to get. the front will be on 2.5 coil overs so the shocks and springs wont be an issue. thanks in advance.

I've been running the Synergy kit for years, first as a four link, then a 3 link when I dumped the D30.
Since, as you said, they no longer produce them, I would look at the Stinkyfab kit - it's identical. No downsides in my humble opinion.

I've been running the Synergy kit for years, first as a four link, then a 3 link when I dumped the D30.
Since, as you said, they no longer produce them, I would look at the Stinkyfab kit - it's identical. No downsides in my humble opinion.

Great info! Did you notice any major difference going from 4 to a 3 link?

Stinky Fab is a clone of the brackets. They also have aluminum arms and a matching crossmember available.

Not a clone, there are significant differences in the brackets. But yeah, if you're doing a 4 link, SFR is probably the way to go.

I've been using the TNT Long arms for over a year now and have experienced nothing but good. They are a radius arm setup but I have no binding issues and they ride smooth.

Out of all the "bolt-on" kits theirs is the highest clearance. And the cross-member is a pretty good sized skid.

(P.S They do a 10% discount for NAXJA members)

When I went from 4 link to 3 link I noticed the front end was more fluid and had significantly less bind.

Thanks for the response, I like the way it sounds.. Have you taken it through any "go fast" type stuff, whoops and what not? I ask because I live minuets from the dunes but I also only live 5 hours from the rubicon and other trails, so I want to be able to handle both well. I feel like the 3link will articulate better in the rocks but the 4 link will be more stable through the fast stuff? With the SFR kit having the option to switch back and forth would be great!

Thanks for the response, I like the way it sounds.. Have you taken it through any "go fast" type stuff, whoops and what not? I ask because I live minuets from the dunes but I also only live 5 hours from the rubicon and other trails, so I want to be able to handle both well. I feel like the 3link will articulate better in the rocks but the 4 link will be more stable through the fast stuff? With the SFR kit having the option to switch back and forth would be great!

the 3 link will handle just fine.

switching back and forth is not a good idea... or rather, not an economical one. a 3 link removes the inherent bind found in a 4 link, but requires hard joints on all control arm ends to properly control the axle. a 4 link (and radius arm) use poly joints by design, the "give" in the poly joint absorbs the bind found in the system.

the 3 link will handle just fine.

switching back and forth is not a good idea... or rather, not an economical one. a 3 link removes the inherent bind found in a 4 link, but requires hard joints on all control arm ends to properly control the axle. a 4 link (and radius arm) use poly joints by design, the "give" in the poly joint absorbs the bind found in the system.

Ahhh, that makes total sense. I apricate the response! I will definitely be looking into that now!

If you have the pocket for premium, the Clayton lifts - particularly LA - are spoken very highly of and are basically bombproof. I have Synergy Mfg stage whatever (IV maybe -not LA) on my JKU I crawl but if I ever choose to go LA on the XJ, I will probably go with Clayton. The "Pro Series 3 Link" front is :thumbup: really nice.

i built my own long arm crossmember extremely similar to the clayton one. it worked really well. if i did it again, i think id be time and money ahead to just buy the clayton crossmember. there is only so much room under the cherokee without cutting the floor, and i really didnt create anything new.

it was super stable at speed bombing around in the dunes. and crawled great. good heims all around and it felt solid. though i think id pony up for aluminum lowers. i bent 2x.25 DOM. your results may vary.

I've been happy with my IRO Critical Path LA setup. Lots-o-flex, and the three-piece crossmember is pure beef.

If I were to do it today, I'd probably take a good hard look at their 3-link, I've heard good reports about it also.

As always, YMMV

Thanks for all the input guys, after looking through some of the suggested options and some others I think ill end up going with the SFR 3 link and the aluminum steering from them as well.

I run the SFR 4 link. Up to 10-12" shocks there isn't going to be enough bind to even show up, but either 3 or 4 link will be just fine.

I had planned to do the 3 link, but Dallas and I discussed it and decided we'd 3 link his car and 4 link mine so that we'd installed both kits.

I run the SFR 4 link. Up to 10-12" shocks there isn't going to be enough bind to even show up, but either 3 or 4 link will be just fine.

I had planned to do the 3 link, but Dallas and I discussed it and decided we'd 3 link his car and 4 link mine so that we'd installed both kits.

Thanks for the input, I was worried about high speed stability with the 3 link but it seems that's a non factor, I will be running a 12" 2.5 coilover up front with it. I want to get as much travel as possible. I may even buy a pair of 14's from a buddy.

Back