• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 disc swap ?s

First off the parking brake sucks in general but those adapters eat travel and leverage. I have never researched to see if they make any better shoes.

First off the parking brake sucks in general but those adapters eat travel and leverage. I have never researched to see if they make any better shoes.

Yeah i expect this, is it enough to hold the vehicle on a driveway?
I'm just not going to leave out cables, I need it functional.

Originally I went under the leaf with some off-the-shelf lines but then I ripped one on a rock, ordered some 16" custom from Crown Performance and over the leaf, no more trouble

Crown_Performance_Rear_Installed.sized.jpg

Yeah i expect this, is it enough to hold the vehicle on a driveway?
I'm just not going to leave out cables, I need it functional.

I installed (sort of) the G2 cables from Amazon today. I say sort of because I only had time to adjust them at the linkage where they hit the lever cable.
My jeep is a mess right now doing everything from tranny service and solenoids to radiator and timing chain so adjusting the p brake pads has a back seat priority. When I yank on the lever it sets up firm so I'm confident in saying they will be functional.

Part #'s 95-2049PC7 , 95-2049PC6 I thought 24 bucks a piece was great for something plug and play.

I have the G2 parking brake cables on my disc swap (94 2 door, 2000 8.25 with KJ discs), and they were a perfect swap in. I can't remember the length I got, but I was able to find ones that were within a couple inches of my factory cable length. Installed and adjusted like 6-7k miles ago and they've been flawless since day 1.

When I did mine I re-used the factory hard line on the passenger side by cutting it shorter and flaring it. I had to make a new hard line for the driver side from the splitter on the axle to the new tab. The short run for it didn't really work with the bends I needed to put into the factory line and I didn't have the right tool for bending the armored factory tubing.

I had no need for longer backing plate studs. The KJ is the only one that's a direct fit for a 8.25". For the best pad get the EBC Truck Yellow's.

Not longer backing plate studs, longer wheel studs for our Yukon shafts.

Ive got most of my parts other than e brake hardware/ new rotors.
Do the stock rubber lines attach to stock xj line?

I have the G2 parking brake cables on my disc swap (94 2 door, 2000 8.25 with KJ discs), and they were a perfect swap in. I can't remember the length I got, but I was able to find ones that were within a couple inches of my factory cable length. Installed and adjusted like 6-7k miles ago and they've been flawless since day 1.
What did you do for hardline/ softline set up?

I used ZJ softlines to the factory hardlines, looks really similar to ehall's pic. Eventually I want to put stainless braided lines and custom length hardlines in, but this was cheap and works well enough for now. I was already over budget at that point, but the ZJ line and factory hardline has been solid and doesn't get hung up on anything.

I might have missed it, but if you're still looking for wheel studs, I got front studs for a 2001 XJ and they were a lot longer than the regular rears. I needed extra engagement with my aluminum wheels and the discs

Back