• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod ES2010L - castle nut question.

01sesedan

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched the web along with just about all forums. Not able to find the answer..

I purchased a 1 ton UTK kit from a well known vendor. I've sent them an email, waiting for reply.

Tie rod part number ES2010L castle nut has the wrong pitch. I emailed Moog to confirm, they say it's 5/8 - 18. Checked various parts stores, that size does not fit. Local parts stores, HD/Lowes, napa, no one has a nut that fits.

Could someone confirm correct nut size?

Thanks,

Joe

On my kit, all 4 TRE's used the same thread pitch nut, but the high angle TRE @ the pitman arm had a different size nut (shorter height & smaller wrench size)

As it happens I have those TRE's here and i confirmed it is 5/8-18

I took the tie rod this morning to Ace Hardware. Tried different castle nuts. M16 x1.50 fit perfectly. Very strange.

5/8-18, would go maybe 3 threads and stop.

I'll go one extra to keep in the XJ, in case I mess that one up, if I ever have to remove it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here's the TR.

EW2010L J.

Left (J) our, don't know if that makes a difference.

2g6VJe2

Probably a chinese joint, the good american tre's ones are 5/8-18.

This is what a Moog ES2010 looks like.

moog-es2010l-360-giant-01-01.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, Stinkyfab is the only vendor providing actual Moog joints.

Hopefully the vendor will reply on Monday. All the tie rods arrived attached to the rods. They were not in a box.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looking at every "ES2010L" on rockauto, that appears to be an Ultra Power brand.

The cheapest they have. It sells for $5.

Back