• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PA fishing

Grizzley

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I might sneak some fishing in since I'd never fished PA before. You guys are brutal to out of state fishermen. :eek: $43 for 7 day license and $35 for a 3 day, that includes a trout stamp. I thought MA was high at $23.50 for 3 day and $37.50 for the year. Think I'll pass. . . :(

For years, I've been a proponent of a federal fishing license that would be valid in any state. I feel your pain, it makes fishing vacations unattractive.

damn if I knew that you were up for that ..........I can fish the NY and PA side of the delaware with just the ny license, however far enough upstream and you need a nyc reservoir permit as well....there are some great streams in the poconos if you like trout, but I gotta agree that the tag for it is kind of steep. same in NY State or anywhere else tho, out of state fishing/hunting license fees are very steep.

Think i paid $28 for a 3 day in Maine this past August.

PA has been having it's problems the last few years, were even importing most of the "put and take" Trout. Seems we can buy and transport trout from NC cheaper than maintaining our own hatcheries.

My son has recently been bitten with the Fly fishing bug and has been having good success on the Little Lehigh as of late, but it's starting to taper off as the water warms.

I'll be fishing off Lake Erie come Thanksgiving week. Steelhead run..

Back