• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

?? 4 those with ALCAN or Big Offroad Leafs

it's the poly spring bushings. you have to use white lithium type grease and evidentally you have to do it often. Sucks. I hate my poly bushings. they're the noisest thing on my whole damn jeep and my jeep is a POS.

I don't konw why they don't just put rubber in the damn spring eyes. will flex better and squeak none. :mad:

I won't run poly spring eye bushings for that very reason. Spray the hell out of them with WD40, often, that sort of worked for me. I've also seen them installed with never seize, or try the white grease.

Also, the shackle bolts need to be loose, snug but loose. Be sure you can still turn the bolt with an end wrench.

I got the rubber bushing in mine when I bought them last year during a "free rubber bushing upgrade" sale. No squeaks.

It not uncommon for it to be the leaves themselves!Quick test:jack up the rear by the hitch/bumper so the leaves open up(fan out) then spray them down real good with wd-40.It wont last but it will tell you if it the springs!

the leaves have teflon or some sort of pad . i'm certain in my case that it's the bushings. They didn't squeak for a little while. but then the grease wasn't cutting it.

Back