• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Dunes Pictures Via Madono Pass

YosemiteMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Great weekend! Thanks to all those who suggested trails etc...

2hedmi9.jpg

2vdpm6e.jpg

2n9xdw5.jpg

6edu90.jpg

1zpk788.jpg

20sud0h.jpg

oa42sk.jpg

16i5lzr.jpg

zo9lbq.jpg

2mqlv0z.jpg

Nice pics! Is there any fish-able streams up there on Medano?

Nice pics! Is there any fish-able streams up there on Medano?

Honestly I don't know. There were probably 6 stream crossings. We were on a mission to get to the dunes because we left late in the day. I'm not really a fishing guy at all. I did see lots of camps set up along the trail though. No fish poles were seen. Lots of Aspens! This was a really fun trail for a nice cruise. I think most stock rigs could run this trail. My leafs are starting to sag and I rubbed several times. Arrggghhhhh! :smsoap: If you go in the next week, I bet you can catch some of those killer views still! Have a great week everyone.

Nice pics Matt! Those trees are awesome! I need to go north this weekend.

Glad you had a good time!

Nice pics!
Like to see the dunes one day.
One question though.............

What did your dog do to get ya to superglue his lip to the door panel?

Very cool pics! I wish to visit again one day. GO BRONCOS!

Sean

Yes Medano Creek is fishable, however, I wouldnt do it right on the trail. There is a parking not too far from the top of the pass where you can hike to a small lake. I fished the stream and caught some awesome Greenback Cutthroat. However, the stream is small and kinda technical, but those were sweet fish and large for such a small stream. They went right after grasshoppers.

Back