• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Countdown

I'm going this weekend too, for a preview.

seanR said:
I spose, I should put my junk back together one of theses days....

Wait until the night before, its more exciting that way.

Dirt said:
I spent last weekend pouring concrete next to the garage and building 200 feet of retaining wall.
I Never touched the Jeep.
This weekend I am going to the campground Friday night staying untill Monday.
The Jeep will not be touched then either.
On Monday night, I am going to work on it.
Maybe Tuesday night also.

I am so burnt out on this thing!
I, like Brad, have had my winter consumed by this POS!
My Jeep has become a chore.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but the Jeep is getting me down!
I will be there, Jeep in tow, I am not sure what trails I will be able to run!

I am contiplating finding Waggy 44 drum brakes in a junk yard and puttting them back in!

These things happen Sean... step away from it for awhile. I've been there, you'll get the bug soon enough.

seanR said:
I am so burnt out on this thing!
I, like Brad, have had my winter consumed by this POS!
My Jeep has become a chore.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but the Jeep is getting me down!
I will be there, Jeep in tow, I am not sure what trails I will be able to run!

that's exactly the reason I try not to tackle too much at one time on my XJ. I do small projects in-between wheeling trips. Too much downtime from wheeling can make you forget why you continue to work on it, especially when things go wrong.

Good luck with it sean. I just wish I could afford to make it to BD

Lawn Cher' said:
These things happen Sean... step away from it for awhile. I've been there, you'll get the bug soon enough.

Better yet...

Sell it now while you're still ahead.

well i worked 5 straight days on the truck, trailer, and jeep. truck and trailer are all set to go, jeep still needs the cage finalized and a few other little things. i'm sure i'll be wrenching up until wednesday evening.

Me too! Between the stress at work and the jobs at home, spending those late nights and over-night sessions on the Jeep gets old. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive to repair the carnage from last weekend's fun at the 4X4 Safari. Had a great time, but it cost me my power steering.

I'm sure I'll be wrenching away late into Wednesday night.

Speaking of which - see my post under mod tech about the size of the full-circle snap rings for my new u-joints. They came without the snap rings I had been told would be included and now I'm scrambling trying to find some locally. Anybody know the size snap ring that will fit a SuperJoint?

As I read this I think about the leaking disconnect side seal on my front axle....and keep thinking about it...any bets on if I will fix it before CF?

Rev

Rev Den said:
As I read this I think about the leaking disconnect side seal on my front axle....and keep thinking about it...any bets on if I will fix it before CF?

Rev

you know how to fix that Rev....

add 1 pint gear oil, park on the street, drive and enjoy leaky vehicle...

Better start wrenching, Rev!

I found the snap rings I needed. I had to run all over town with my snap ring pliers and u-joint cap in hand trying different sizes, but we got her done.
NAPA #1435, by the way.

IntrepidXJ said:
take lots of pics for me ;)
To get the proper effect, you should come wrench on my rig 'till the weeee hours Tuesday and Wednesday nights! Then I'll take a bunch of pictures for ya!
:wave:

OK,
If y'all want to impeach me, that is fine....
I am out.
There is no way I will be able to make it.

I have other things at the house that have come up that need my attention!

I am sorry guys, but it is not possible.

seanR----Big Dog, or Big Puss?

BTW, the jeep looks good.
It even stops, as long as you don't need to stop real fast...

Back