• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stinky bastards stay home.

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Here's a copy of an email sent to me.

Thank you for reserving a tent spot for March 4 thru March 6. We will be open, however fue to circumstances our shower house will not be completed till April 1. We will have clean port-a-pots available on the grounds. We look forward to having you stay with us.

Attica Family Campground

Isn't that great?
We should all go in on a room at the motel and just use it for showers and a clean crapper.

Well, at least we won't have to pay the campground $3 to take a shower now.

got the same e-mail
im game on "group" renting a hotel room... provided that the cost drops low enough

This will not stand.
Those showers were open last year...in February.
Considering the number of people we have coming, I would strongly suggest someone take the reins here and see what can be done to remedy this.
I will not be camping here if this remains the case.
I would make the call, but I doubt it would be diplomatic.
Discuss.

"Showers for all my Men!!!!"

I just called and they have 5 rooms available that weekend.
First its homosexual pedophilia, now bald faced lies.
We clergymen will stop at nothing.
:laugh2:

SeanR has emailed them about the concern over not having showers available ... somewhat pointedly. A phone call will be the next step to hopefully get something arranged.

Gil ... any of your friends have a nice BIG hot tub that could be trailered down ... especially one that uses 110V so we could hook it up at the campsite. It would beat the heck out of the power sprayer bay ... :laugh:

Les

Okie Terry said:
I'm not getting in that bacteria Crock Pot with you fawkers.
Hmmm ... you have a point Okie. Might have to blast off those pesky dingleberies with the power sprayer first. It is kinda frightening to see them float past you while in the tub. :D

Les

I will be calling them, again, today. I told them back in Dec. we were coming to their CG for Winterfest, that was why it was moved to March, they wern't open in Feb.
Why the hell they didn't 'remodel' their shower rooms during the winter is beyond me!
$30.00 is a lot to spend on a campground that has no facilities!
$30.00 is a lot to spend on a campground WITH facilities!

I will do my best to fix this problem!

Wait a sec. Stinkiness asside, one need make a reservation to camp too? Where did I miss that tid-bit of information?

I am planning on camping, River sounds OK but I don't think my wetsuit is thick enough for comfort. What other options are there? And you bet that $30 for a camp site is a tad high.

Last edited:
The Full Hookup Sites are $30 per night ... Primitive Camping is $7 per night. It is $3 per person on top of the site fee. Here is their web site for any additional questions:http://www.atticacamping.com/rates.html

BTW ... I doubt there will be a problem getting a site this time of year. Reservations probably are not necessary.

Les

Forsooth and what ho! Methinks the wyfe shan't be pleased by the dank stench of unclean brutes.

A Jeep is a Jeep is a Jeep... would an SUV by any other name wheel as sweet?

Shakespeare, out!

after hearing that, I just called and reserved a room at the Inn for friday and saturday night. Be there very late friday night.

I think the $3.00 per shower is for non-campers if they want to shower after leaving the Badlands. It does state public price, we would be referred to as campers.

lbexj said:
The Full Hookup Sites are $30 per night ... Primitive Camping is $7 per night. It is $3 per person on top of the site fee. Here is their web site for any additional questions:http://www.atticacamping.com/rates.html

BTW ... I doubt there will be a problem getting a site this time of year. Reservations probably are not necessary.

Les

So what's everyone else booking?

I reserved a primitive site after thinking of $60+/weekend when I could drive home every night cheaper than that.

It's not like I'll need 110v service in my tent or anything.

I'll be camping...somewhere.

My deciding factor: Can I roll in at midnight on Friday, or do they have gates locked? If they have locked gates for the prisoners then I'll be at the river.

Will anyone be getting a site with utilities? I can bring a HOBART 125 with flux-core if there is a place to plug in.

Back