• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Discuss...

I am sorry but I didn't make WF this year cause all my stuff is Bloke !!, but if I may offer an opinion. Most planned events have lunch each day as a provide your own. We always appreciate what JCR Offroad does for us for lunch on Saturday but why couldn't that be moved back to say Friday evening dinner meal. Just a thought!! Digger

digger4u said:
I am sorry but I didn't make WF this year cause all my stuff is Bloke !!, but if I may offer an opinion. Most planned events have lunch each day as a provide your own. We always appreciate what JCR Offroad does for us for lunch on Saturday but why couldn't that be moved back to say Friday evening dinner meal. Just a thought!! Digger
Friday evening is typically a pot luck. As usually a Fri, Sat, Some Sun morning thing . There are a few who show up Wed night, or Thur morning to wheel. Though you have to remember Thur is the prerunning day for the leaders & gunners so your not going to get lead around, but your are still welcome to head out on your own. If you want to maximize your wheeling time for the week you should show up Wed night, and plan to stay until Sun evening/Monday morning. It worked out great for me this year showed up Wed night got to shotgun Thur on trails that are more than my rig can handle, wheel Friday, and Saturday went home Sunday morning. I could have stayed till Monday, but I was ready for home.

LBEXJ said:
I can understand there are those who would like to have had more wheeling time, but there was no reason why anyone should not have gotten in what they wanted this past weekend ... outside of the rainy Saturday. Just because "guided runs" ended, it was no sign anyone had to quit. I suggest an established time period for "guided trail runs". Afterwards, groups can wonder off and wheel to their hearts content ... within' the ORV's curfew of course.

Everyone needs to understand that those who organize, and run the event are volunteers who are on vacation too. These people, like Sean, Rev, Mike, and Mark, should only have to obligate so much of their time during the event and given the freedom to do whatever they want to do after a certain amount of time.

Les

I agree. Perhaps it was my inexperience with WF that resulted in us being done early Friday. Nate and I talked last night and we both said the same thing. Had we realized we had a trail map and daylight, we would have went back out on our own.

The flip side to that is the relative closeness sunset is to the scheduled events like the pot luck and the banquet. If you encourage people to wheel unguided throughout the rest of the day, there just isn't enough time to make dinner at 1830.

Again, thanks to everyone who makes WF awesome.

Don't plan around us next year for lunch and such. It is too far off to be able to say for sure if we will be able to do this same next year. We have a few more trail runs to this year and it is hard to say if we will be able to get out of the shop for 4 days next year like we did this year.

We hope to be able to make it out, but we will not know until next year in december or so.

~brian

jcroffroad said:
Don't plan around us next year for lunch and such. It is too far off to be able to say for sure if we will be able to do this same next year. We have a few more trail runs to this year and it is hard to say if we will be able to get out of the shop for 4 days next year like we did this year.

We hope to be able to make it out, but we will not know until next year in december or so.

~brian

You'll do it and you'll like it!!!
George from PETA says hi ;)

bshaw said:
PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals? :clap:
I called over to JCR the other day, to thank them for the support, and to yank their chains.
I'm not sure if Brian believed I was from PETA or not, but he got awful quiet.

monkeyevil said:
Mostly Hale trying to ask me out on dates.

halegd.gif

jcroffroad said:
I thought you were a solicator, I almost just hung up. We get alot of weird calls everyday.
I hear that, if I take another call from hodgie from second source funding I'm gonna snap.

Back