• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out built 1992 XJ

korda

NAXJA Forum User
Pictures. I’ll add any people request and more as I disassemble it:
http://www.twincityoffroad.com/gallery/partingoutXJ

Completely parting out my rig. I’m keeping a bunch of the drivetrain and misc. parts. I need get rid of as much as possible though so ask about anything. Vehicle came from NY/MN so everything has at least surface rust on it. I’ll include any mounting hardware that survives removal. If someone wants the majority of the body I’ll make them a good deal.

The easiest way to contact me is via email. Everything is at my house in San Diego, near I-8 and 70th Street.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
Everything has 125,000 miles on it. Engine and trans run well. Body is “Colorado Red” and interior is gray. The body is beat up but everything works and the glass is there. The floor on the body is pretty rotted out. It’s got power windows/ locks/ seats.

Parts of interest:

Front Suspension
  • Home built radius arms. 2”-1/4” wall lowers. RE joint at frame, stock rubber at axle. RE upper control arms. 1-1/4” threaded rod adjustment. Crossmember is 2”x4”-3/16. Bolts to frame rails through side with 3”x3”-1/4” angle. Center section drops out.
    $300
  • RE HD Track Bar Mount
    $50
  • RE Track bar brace with tab for limit strap
    $40
  • Track bar: 1-1/4” OD 3/16” tube. Small RE joint at top, rubber at axle. Fixed length for about 6” lift.
    $50

Rear Suspension
  • 6” Big Offroad Leaves. Poly bushings. About 2 years old. Nicest springs I’ve used. They’re in great shape.
    $250
  • RE 1-1/2” Lift shackle
    $50

Body
  • Hood is the only non-dented/non-scratched panel. Has LeBaron vents in it.
    Make offer
  • Sunroof glass (I’ve got two, they’re hard to find)
    $50
  • TJ Flares w/ lights. Cut to fit an XJ.
    $50

Protection
  • Cage: 1-3/4”x .188 HREW. Welded in but I’ll work with someone to remove it the way they want. Bolted at A and C pillars but welded to floor at B pillar. You’re on your own for adding more bracing. I was mainly looking to stiffen things up a bit.
    $200
  • Rear Bumper: 6”x4”-3/16” Tube. Mounts to stock spot plus framerails. Has 4” flush mounted lights. I’ll include wiring to good them up to rev. lights. Has 2” receiver in it.
    $150
  • Rock rails: 2”x3”-3/16” main rails. 2”x2”-3/16” supports. Mount to pinch seem and frame.
    $150
  • Warn transfer case skid. Trimmed to fit my atlas on one corner. I’m sure it’s bent at least a little.
    $40
  • Farmboy designs rear light boxes. Drilled to fit ORO LightDots but that’s just 3 small holes. It would be easy to drill out for larger flush lights.
    $40
  • Quarter panel guards: 1/8” aluminum diamond plate. Cut to fit with my TJ flares.
    $30

Other
  • Doug Thorely Header
    $200
  • Jeeps & Creepers Bored Throttle Body
    $150
  • Throttle Body Spacer
    $25
  • Late model Auxiliary Fan
    $50
  • M.O.R.E. Rubber Motor Mounts (almost new)
    $100
  • Mean Green Battery relocation kit (never mounted)
    $125
  • XJ Armor Aux. Fan control switch
    $20
  • Custom Storage Box
    $75

I tried joining up and paying the dues but the electronic form seems to be a little goofed up. The pull downs don't have any options.

I'm interested in the 231 t-case. PM me with what you want for it.

Would like the Farmboy boxes, Fan, Fan switch, M.O.R.E. Mounts. My email is [email protected] Thanks, Russ

I think i'd also take that late model Aux fan if i was going down too. =)

And the shackles too, if my buddy has not found a set yet.

korda said:
I'm going to keep that transfer case that's in it.

Ahhh thats cool

Dont stress the rest of the stuff then. I just figured i'd get some more junk while i drove down.

I am interested in the cage......how do you want to work this out?

big black xj said:
Wanna get rid of the head and throttle body?(cables/linkage as well)
I can help with removal if i need to.
Lemme know how much
Well, I'd prefer to keep the engine as together as possible for the time being.

There is a problem with the head too. The rear manifold stud broke off. I tried drilling it out and long story short there's a broken drill bit in there now. :anon: I have no idea what the head would be worth. If you've got an engine hoist and want to take the engine I'll make you a hell of a deal for it minus the header. Especially if you can help.

The throttle body I'll part with though. I listed it at $150.

tcm glx said:
I am interested in the cage......how do you want to work this out?
Honestly, I'm not sure what the best way to go about it. I can cut it out but I'm not sure what will make it the easiest to put back together. Any ideas?

I can't edit the orginal post so I'll post up as stuff sells.

Trackbar mount and brace are gone.

Also, I'll include the transfer case skid with the long arms. I didn't realize I modified it so much to fit with the longarm crossmember.

korda said:
Pictures. I’ll add any people request and more as I disassemble it:
http://www.twincityoffroad.com/gallery/partingoutXJ

Completely parting out my rig. I’m keeping a bunch of the drivetrain and misc. parts. I need get rid of as much as possible though so ask about anything. Vehicle came from NY/MN so everything has at least surface rust on it. I’ll include any mounting hardware that survives removal. If someone wants the majority of the body I’ll make them a good deal.

The easiest way to contact me is via email. Everything is at my house in San Diego, near I-8 and 70th Street.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
Everything has 125,000 miles on it. Engine and trans run well. Body is “Colorado Red” and interior is gray. The body is beat up but everything works and the glass is there. The floor on the body is pretty rotted out. It’s got power windows/ locks/ seats.

Parts of interest:

Front Suspension
  • Home built radius arms. 2”-1/4” wall lowers. RE joint at frame, stock rubber at axle. RE upper control arms. 1-1/4” threaded rod adjustment. Crossmember is 2”x4”-3/16. Bolts to frame rails through side with 3”x3”-1/4” angle. Center section drops out.
    $300
  • RE HD Track Bar Mount
    $50
  • RE Track bar brace with tab for limit strap
    $40
  • Track bar: 1-1/4” OD 3/16” tube. Small RE joint at top, rubber at axle. Fixed length for about 6” lift.
    $50

Rear Suspension
  • 6” Big Offroad Leaves. Poly bushings. About 2 years old. Nicest springs I’ve used. They’re in great shape.
    $250
  • RE 1-1/2” Lift shackle
    $50

Body
  • Hood is the only non-dented/non-scratched panel. Has LeBaron vents in it.
    Make offer
  • Sunroof glass (I’ve got two, they’re hard to find)
    $50
  • TJ Flares w/ lights. Cut to fit an XJ.
    $50

Protection
  • Cage: 1-3/4”x .188 HREW. Welded in but I’ll work with someone to remove it the way they want. Bolted at A and C pillars but welded to floor at B pillar. You’re on your own for adding more bracing. I was mainly looking to stiffen things up a bit.
    $200
  • Rear Bumper: 6”x4”-3/16” Tube. Mounts to stock spot plus framerails. Has 4” flush mounted lights. I’ll include wiring to good them up to rev. lights. Has 2” receiver in it.
    $150
  • Rock rails: 2”x3”-3/16” main rails. 2”x2”-3/16” supports. Mount to pinch seem and frame.
    $150
  • Warn transfer case skid. Trimmed to fit my atlas on one corner. I’m sure it’s bent at least a little.
    $40
  • Farmboy designs rear light boxes. Drilled to fit ORO LightDots but that’s just 3 small holes. It would be easy to drill out for larger flush lights.
    $40
  • Quarter panel guards: 1/8” aluminum diamond plate. Cut to fit with my TJ flares.
    $30

Other
  • Doug Thorely Header
    $200
  • Jeeps & Creepers Bored Throttle Body
    $150
  • Throttle Body Spacer
    $25
  • Late model Auxiliary Fan
    $50
  • M.O.R.E. Rubber Motor Mounts (almost new)
    $100
  • Mean Green Battery relocation kit (never mounted)
    $125
  • XJ Armor Aux. Fan control switch
    $20
  • Custom Storage Box
    $75

I tried joining up and paying the dues but the electronic form seems to be a little goofed up. The pull downs don't have any options.
how much for trac bar, tie rod and drag link and possibly pitman arm?

I'll paypal the money for the springs tonight ofter work. I gotta put more money in that account.

Aaron

Back