• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

c-rok main page XJ

Redcbr007

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know who own's that XJ on the main page (in red). Ive seen some picture of it but they were silver...whats going on ??hehe Anyways, does anyone have some pics/link of more pics?

Patrick

I believe his name is Greg, C-rok owner/engineer (I believe)
I don't know where you could find pics of it.

That's Greg's XJ. You can find a number of pics of his rig on the 20th Anniversary trip to Moab forum. He flipped that rig over backward onto its top in one of the really big hot tubs but did surprisingly little damage due to his exo.

03024wd_crok10.jpg
http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/03024wd_crok/
03024wd_crok09.jpg

thanks...I took a guess and tried typing in the C-ROK.com and it didn't come up as a web page. Now it does! I do have some pix of his rig. DO I EVER! I was standing about 8 ft. behind him when he flipped it in the hot tub on Hell's Revenge.
It's a really nice rig (even now) and Greg's pretty cool. I traded him a C-ROK hat for one of the photos below. Danno

3Untitled82.jpg

3Untitled81.jpg

3Untitled80.jpg

any pics of the cage after the roll?

no, the cage did it's job however. That doesn't mean that the body didn't get tweaked a bit. It was a VIOLENT, VIOLENT rollover. I was about 8 feet behind it when it landed and it shook the earth. We all just stood there in awe! The most observible ding was over the driver's door header area and was caused by the CB antenna pushing in the metal, of all things! You can't go over that violently and not bend the cage a bit...unless one was using 3" diameter 4130 chrome-alloy metal with 2/3" wall thickness.

Danno said:
no, the cage did it's job however. That doesn't mean that the body didn't get tweaked a bit. It was a VIOLENT, VIOLENT rollover. I was about 8 feet behind it when it landed and it shook the earth. We all just stood there in awe! The most observible ding was over the driver's door header area and was caused by the CB antenna pushing in the metal, of all things! You can't go over that violently and not bend the cage a bit...unless one was using 3" diameter 4130 chrome-alloy metal with 2/3" wall thickness.

Yeah... it was an amazing twist/drop.... and I think that GReg's biggest dissapointment was the fact that he didn't secure his cigars and they fell into the ONLY puddle in the hole!!

Back