• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Between The Lakes Sat or Sun

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone want to go to Land Between The Lakes(Turkey Bay) this weekend? Post up and lets get a group out there. :idea: Also, some of the guys over at Itsajeep are going so we can join them if we want.

Last edited:
Dang it guys, you're killin me!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is down and looks like it will be for awhile. I plan on putting 4.5" on the white one Matt next weekend. I will be ready to go, just in another Jeep, but not this weekend.

Saturday, gotta be at a buddies house at 8 for some UFC goodness.
Sunday, gotta be home by 5 for Ultimate goodness.

Still need to double-check availability during the daytime with her, though.

Did you want to hit up Turkey Bay or do some trail riding?

Turkey Bay is the OHV area.

But LBL is full of trails that go through the woods and such. There are three classifications, 100, 200, 300.

100=paved
200=gravel
300=4WD only.

Most places are kind of muddy, but I've hit some serious spots on some of them.

The last place I went was lettered a-f or something like that. I think it was the OHV area. Which place do you think is better? Is one much closer towards Nashville than the other?

I like the mud. Not looking to sink my Atv, but I want to get it dirty.

Yeah, that was probably the OHV area. Well, considering you pay to use turkey bay but riding the extensive network of trails is free outside of Turkey Bay. I always did the trails.

Not sure how much mud there will be at all if there's no rain; but I enjoyed doing the trails. We never encountered anyone else and some of the 300 trails take you by the lake. Good for lunch.

www.lbl.org

YOu can find TB trail map and a general trail map of the whole park.

Here a link to a map around LBL.

Best thing to do would be to meet at the South Welcome Station; it's located right around the "F" on the map; since I guess everyone is coming from Clarksville or south.

Turkey Bay is around the "G" on the map. And the free trails in LBL are all over.

Okay, South Welcome Center is good. Now we need to establish a definite time and day. I'm waiting on you Bigalpha. Sat is good for me. Early is good as well.

Oh man, the pressure. At this rate, it's just going to be me and you, lol.

I gotta talk to the Commander in Chief and see if we're cleared for tomorrow.

Thats cool. Its about a 100 mile ride for me, so I would say 9am would be best. I could always call you when I hit Clarksville if I am running earlier than expected.

Back