• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Comanche Eliminator BA10/5 yoke

85Wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
I've been hunting the forums for a while and can't find what I'm looking for. I have the much despised Peugeot BA10-5 transmission from a 2 wheel drive MJ swapped into my 85 Wagoneer and bolted to a 4.0 liter from a 2001 Cherokee. It's been a ten month build and I finally got sick of dealing with wiring for AW4's and the BA10-5 was available. Now my project is sitting because no matter how hard I look I can't find the end yoke to bolt on to the output shaft of the transmission. If anyone here has any idea where to look I'd appreciate the info. All I know is that it's a 21 spline non-slip yoke with a diameter of .99 - 1.03 inches.
And yes, I know the Ba10-5 is an underperforming weak turd. But so is the rest of the Jeep.

Are you talking about the slip-yoke that is attached to the driveshaft? If so, it just slides in.
Should be the same yoke for most all heeps.

It is the driveshaft end yoke at the trans, but it's not a slip yoke. I have the slip yoke from the 2001 AW4 transfer case I use to have but it has a larger internal diameter and too many splines.

Back