• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Jeep Cherokee w 6.5" long arm lift

xj_bill

NAXJA Forum User
Asking $7500. Metro Detroit. Silver/gray 65th anniv. About 150k miles.

A mechanic friend of mine and I built this over the years and, short of upgrading the axles or adding a locker, I can attest it has been built very well. We never skimped on quality parts and anti seize. I would like to see this go to someone who is excited to enjoy it instead of sitting in my driveway and being driven once a month. I've soft-roaded this going hunting and what not, and it's also happy to go 80mph on the freeway.

When I bought it in 2010 with about 85k miles I replaced every wheel bearing, U joint, and brake pad/shoe/disc/drum. I also replaced the heater core in 2015 so you have A/C.

It sits on 33"x12" General Grabber ATs on M/T 15" wheels. No bead locks because I never when crawling.

The high value components that I used to take it up 6.5" are:
- Front: BDS true 4-link long arms, Rusty's 6.5" coils, Bilstein 5100s
- Rear: BDS rear leaf springs, BDS shackles, shackle relocation box, solid steel shims and spacers

As for the rest:
- IRO slip yoke eliminator and rear drive shaft kit
- Chevy pickup front brake lines
- JCR over the knuckle 1-ton steering with a custom fitted double-sheer track bar so the angles are perfect
- JCR bumpers front and rear with some lights, powder coated by Superior Powder Coating, and tied into the uni-frame
- Trans cooler, Optima battery, alternator upgraded, Durango steering box with drop pitman, water pump, thermostat, gray digital camo seat covers

I'm proud of this build because of the custom work, and that every bolt we touched we put back in better shape, and I think builders know what kind of care that takes.

Thanks for checking it out.

IMG_7446.jpg IMG_7378.jpg IMG_6989.JPG IMG_6987.JPG IMG_3372.JPG

Last edited:
Back