• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are fog lights on a 96 plug "n" play??

jtdesigns

NAXJA Forum User
Just as the title says... My xj bumped something and the PO replaced the front bumper with a bumper with fogs. I have a fog and rear defrost switch but was wondering what all I would have to do to wire the fogs up front. Will the wiring be there for the fogs?? I know I might have to put a relay in beside the airbox, but will that connector be there, and the fogs connectors????

Thanks,,,, jt

I don't want to sound mean, but you should look. You should never assume anything. Try to find the headlight harness and look for 2 connectors that are disconnected. Then plug them into the fogs on your bumper and see if they work.
If it is stock wiring they should only work with the headlights on low...not high.

I dont know if it came across correctly in my first post.. The Jeep does not have the switch in it, but I have one I picked up at the JY. Your right I havent really had a chance to look, was hoping the wiring was already there. I thought maybe someone knew right off if all XJ's had the wiring installed for fogs from the factory making it a plug 'n' play convenience.. I mean if not it wont be hard to hook-up..

Back