• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CARnage thread

bburge

Lost in Translation
I don't think there was too much. I ran Deep Creek and then we hit Holcomb Creek from west to east.

After bouncing my way through the middle (muddy) rock garden, I came out of the rocks with no clutch pedal - squish to the floor. I blew out my clutch slave cylinder.

So I drove the rest of the trail and all the way back to camp with no clutch!!!! :eek:

I was actually surprised at how well I wheeled when I didn't really have the ability to stop. My "artificial commitment" was impressive...

Now I'm waiting for my date with AAA to flatbed the beat back to Santa Clarita for new bell housing innards; might well do the clutch, throughout bearing, etc while there in there...

bburge

We did have a H2O pump go out at the begining of Deep Creek. I forgot your name (sorry), but the pump was seeping pretty good so he decided not to run the trail.

There were a few new scratches and dents in several rigs, but nothing major for the Deep Creek/Holcomb Group.

Nick (99GreenMachine) almost flopped on the waterfall at Deep Creek.

I almost flopped while screwing around on a rock AFTER the waterfall. I am waiting on pics, but it was REALLY close to setting down on the driver's side...:shocked: :eek:

sssshhhhh!!!! hahaha its a million times better. thanks guys. I ran JOHNBULL today no problem. Myself, Kyung, Matty,Santa,and James with a Wrangler, hauled ass through it today. Took about 45 minutes to an hour and we were back by the lake. thanks guys for a great weekend..

Nick

Did anyone notice Robert deliberatly spotting both Mike and I INTO the rock on top of the waterfall?

Don't think your going to get away without some penalty Robert.....

:moon:

Rick

I chewed up my front fenders cause of not trimming my fenders and 32s. I also ripped off all but one fender flare on the way up. Only cause of four people and a few hundred pounds of gear. A blue xj in front of me banged the hell outta his rear bumper.

KRAKER said:
I chewed up my front fenders cause of not trimming my fenders and 32s. I also ripped off all but one fender flare on the way up. Only cause of four people and a few hundred pounds of gear. A blue xj in front of me banged the hell outta his rear bumper.

Yea the large dent in my rear bumper came from a winch mounted to the bumper of the guy behind me! We didn't even make it the dirt yet either
.He did offer me some brownies though:wierd:

i too was visited by the brownie man. damn those were good!

my only carnage was the death of the zipper on my tent saturday night. i put the family in the jeep and tried to sleep as best i could with the tent door flapping in the wind all night (REALLY fun.)

thank god i brought an extra sleeping bag.

Last edited:
hellbilly04 said:
Yea the large dent in my rear bumper came from a winch mounted to the bumper of the guy behind me! We didn't even make it the dirt yet either
.He did offer me some brownies though:wierd:

You were they guy in front of me with Marine spotter? :patriot: Cause they blue xj in front of me fell HARD on a boulder. And I didn't get a brownie...

KRAKER said:
You were they guy in front of me with Marine spotter? :patriot: Cause they blue xj in front of me fell HARD on a boulder. And I didn't get a brownie...

That blue guy in front of you was me- I was testing out my rock rails and didn't mind my departure angle. No major damage though- nothing a rubber mallet and a new end cap won't fix.:dunno:

Late,
Coullt

TTIWWP

damn Robert, you like spotting ppl into that rock dont ya?

Jump This said:
Did anyone notice Robert deliberatly spotting both Mike and I INTO the rock on top of the waterfall?

Don't think your going to get away without some penalty Robert.....

:moon:

Rick

Who me? You and Mike don't listen to spotters anyway....

What penatly? :doh:

And by the way, I was not spotting Rollins when he decide to modify his door a little more with that rock.

My carnage...

Ran out of gas on the way to the gas station on Sunday :dunce:

Boy that thing SUCKS fuel down fast on the trail now that it's built! Used to be I could run around in Big Bear all weekend on a single tank. Had my dad bring me 2 gallons of fuel, ran it a mile, then ended up sinking 18.25 gallons into it (figure that out!!).

GSequoia said:
My carnage...

Boy that thing SUCKS fuel down fast on the trail now that it's built! Used to be I could run around in Big Bear all weekend on a single tank. Had my dad bring me 2 gallons of fuel, ran it a mile, then ended up sinking 18.25 gallons into it (figure that out!!).
The Jeep gods are punishing you for the logging trail route to the west entrance to Holcome Creek on Saturday,if I did not bitch about this stuff life would be so boring!.........Santa

I found out that my winch works ;). Yea, i was the guy who purposely took a creepy line just to see if I could do it. Turns out, the rocks won that battle, and i had to winch out. Then, not 3 minutes later I attempted to pass Cherikon so we could keep the same wheeling order (he was my winch point :)) and promptly got hung up on another huge boulder, which chased me for a few feet after i was extracted. I got some gas tank skidplate rash, the tires made my wheel openings a tad bigger and my new bumper isn't as pretty as it was when it was delivered and I rattled all the bolts loose on my lower control arms (that was fun on the last parts of the trail). Otherwise, nothing notable happened to my rig, and I had a super fun time! If anyone wants to do a day trip up to those trails sometime soon i'm game, I love it up there! Thanks again NAXJA for a great, well orchestrated event! Oh, and Tim, you did a FANTASTIC job of leading the Moderate run, if not for you i'd probably still be out there, you sure know how to skip around those trails! Now get out of those fishnets ;).

4xSanta said:
The Jeep gods are punishing you for the logging trail route to the west entrance to Holcome Creek on Saturday,if I did not bitch about this stuff life would be so boring!.........Santa

Hey now.

That trail would've been fun at about 35 mph. When I decided to take that instead of the highway I was thinking of how I normally drive by myself ;)

GSequoia said:
My carnage...

Must've been that shortcut you led us on. :)

well i just cleaned the outside of the JEEP and I got to the rear passenger side and the quarter panel is smashed in. I did come off a rock pretty hard yesterday on JOHNBULL and i know i thought i just landed on the rear bumper. but NOPE. its all smashed in. o well.

NICK

Back