• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Night Run on Friday???

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone interested in doing a night run on Friday? I was thinking maybe Gold Moutnain and Jacoby Canyon?

Not sure about the time, but if I can get at least 3 or 4 folks, I will do it!
I am thinking 7:00 PM right now. It shoudl take about 2 to 3 hours, depending on the number of people.

Requirements are the standard NAXJA requirements mentioned in the event details post: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=915300

Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), spare tire and all necessary hardware. Additional equipment may be required for some runs at the sole discretion of the trail leader.

Extra lights will be good, but not required...

I have never done a night run and think it will be fun.

Any interest? post up! let me know what time you plan on being in Big Bear. We can meet the campground entrance and leave from there.

if its an easy run i may be in on it, depending on what time we make it up there. cant leave here till the kids get out of school on friday, around 3pm.

GrimmJeeper said:
if its an easy run i may be in on it, depending on what time we make it up there. cant leave here till the kids get out of school on friday, around 3pm.

Gold Mountain is not rated EASY by the Forest Service, but you will haev no problem on it.

As for the kids, check them out of school at 1:00 to beat the traffic!!! :twak:

I'm up for it, I've done Gold Mt a couple of times. Grim, if you leave at 4pm on Friday, it'll put you up in BB at around 8ish. because of traffic.

GrimmJeeper said:
im working on trying to get the wife to go for it lol.

Take her to her favorite resturaunt and buy her a little something nice....:smootch:

rpraterxj said:
Take her to her favorite resturaunt and buy her a little something nice....:smootch:

i offered to make her a special dinner tommorow night when her ex has the kids :D we'll now be leaving at 1pm friday!

thanks for the advice rob lol :thumbup:

GrimmJeeper said:
i offered to make her a special dinner tommorow night when her ex has the kids :D we'll now be leaving at 1pm friday!

thanks for the advice rob lol :thumbup:

LOL...

That advice is priceless.. but it will cost YOU an ice cold Fat Tire!!! :cheers:

dzraces said:
gold mountain is very fun in the dark

You gonna make it?

dzraces said:
Ill be there even if its jeepless Ill be looking for a someone wanting some right side balast for the runs if I dont get it fixed

I hope you get the YJ going.

If not, you can ride with me. I have an empty seat!

rpraterxj said:
Anyone interested in doing a night run on Friday? I was thinking maybe Gold Moutnain and Jacoby Canyon?

FYI....There is a tree blocking Gold Mountain trail that Greg Hoffman will be removing on Sunday.

I am with G on this... depending on the work and how tired I am or not.
hmmmm :cheers:

Back