• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tps again

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
It rained so hard on my way to work that enough water got under the hood to burn out my 2 week old oriellys tps. Yes, I know Mopar is better, I've got a lifetime warranty on this one so I can just keep getting new ones until I get around to getting a Mopar one. So two questions, one, what can be done to make crappy ones last longer, two, where is the best place to get a mopar one?

Unless it rained 10" in 2 hours ( or you don't have any fenders) that didn't cause your problem!

The mechanical fan is on the left side in rhds like mine and it was raining so hard I was doing about 30 in a 65. I think the fan was pulling enough water through the rad to get everything wet. Jeep was running fine until I hit the heavy rain, running fine again after warranting out a new sensor. Washing the motor is what ruined the first one.

Sounds like the sensor needs a splash shield.

They are sensitive to water from pressure washers, but water splash from the road? The low quality Chinese sensors might not seal as well or it was just a dud. At least it's easy to replace with their "lifetime" warranty.

Back