• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest - 2011

Cherokeefever

NAXJA Forum User
It was one hell of an run today. Can`t wait to see pictures. Hope everyone made it home alright. Tilted wheelin showed up with four XJ`s. Very nice show out today. It was nice to wheel with everyone and seeing the same people from last year was great.

Re: Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/21 - 10/23

Looks like a whole lot of fun. I wish I could have made it. There's always next year.

Saturdays fun
IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

Last edited:

Probably one of the top five runs of the year for me.

It was a great trip even from the passenger seat.

I took a bunch of pics, and will get a recap of the run posted probably tonight.

Thanks to all who made it out, can't wait for next year.

I had a great time hanging with the Tilted Wheeling and NAXJA guys. I was the token guy on 33s in a sea of XJs on 35s and bigger. This was the most trails I've ever run at one time in Evans Creek. I made it through the spot in the rock garden that claimed my rear DS last time. In fact, this was also my first time wheeling Evans where I didn't break anything on my Jeep. I made a lot of great new friends and I am looking forward to the next run and the next Octoberfest!! Thanks guys fro a great run and an awesome time!!! Anytime you guys want to come up and run Walker Valley I'll be glad to trail lead!!

To bad your so far away, I have a whole stock steering setup I would give you.
Appreciate the offer, Dave. I was already shopping for some new steering stuff; So much to choose from! I have stock spares on-hand, too. In the mean while, it doesn't drive that bad.

I had a great time also from the right seat. It was a pleasure wheeling with several new people including "larson" "Mountaincajun" and "CASEY-R", thanks for the seat, it was a pleasure to ride with you.

With the exception of Richards bent tie rod we didn't have much of any damage and even got a mildly lifted JK through the trails with no damage until leaving the 102 trail and having to go through the VERY narrow gates.

Plus the bonus of being rescued by a bunch of girls in prom dresses was awsome party1:. I have to say in all of the years that I have been wheeling I have never been on the trail where there were more women than men. What a pleasure :yelclap:

Now I need to get to work on starting my project ;)

Michael

Another "Oktoberfest" down, and once again this run was a total blast.

After parting out my junk over the summer, I was determined not to let this run slip through the cracks. Luckily for me, the planets aligned and Dellstopjeep decided to bring out the Mustache Ride for this run.

What we had planned as a Friday-Sunday camping trip, got changed to a Saturday-Sunday trip at the last minute. Coming from Vancouver, we set course for Evans at 0600 Saturday.

Eric was less than pleased with the Jeeps performance on the way up. I didn't think it was that bad until I noticed my feet getting wet. They were getting rained on inside, and sitting in Lake Michigan on the floor board. This was clearly a sinking ship. Shortly after that discovery Eric saw something waving at him from the outside, and we had to perform some evasive maneuvers to save his pool noodle.
IMG_0001.jpg

At that point I think the "who cares" attitude took over. The rest of the drive went by quick, and as long as Eric kept it in his lane nothing too exciting happened. Topping off at Burnett, where we ran into Michael and his friends.
IMG_0002.jpg

We got to the campground around 9:30 under a torrential down pour. We both lacked the motivation to set up our tents and decided to just ditch the camp gear and deal with it later.

Shortly after more and more Jeeps filed in. A quick unorganized drivers meeting got our groups sorted out, and we hit the trails. First on the list was 520. A good warm up trail with some technical sections through the trees, and a bit of off camber. Group shot at the rocks.
IMG_0010.jpg

Bulge fender mod.
IMG_0011.jpg

Always fun to wheel with the Tilted Wheelin crew.
IMG_0049.jpg

Finished the 520, and ready to head over to the 519.
IMG_0012.jpg

The 519 is always a fun trail either going down or up. Kevin ready to drop down the rock face.
IMG_0018.jpg

Tim

Not sure what the hell it is, but it flat works. ;)
IMG_0023.jpg

Eric... at the back.
IMG_0024.jpg

After everyone cleared the rock face with zero issues, we cruised down to the play area at the bottom for a quick lunch.
IMG_0027.jpg

Last edited:
After finishing the rest of the 519A we continued on down to the beginning of the 196. The rock face at the beginning is always entertaining.
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Kevin testing out the new shoes.
IMG_0031.jpg

Again... it just works.

With the steady rain all day, the rock face was slick and proved to be a good obstacle for the group. Jeremy pulled off an UCA, but kept on running since he was running radius arms.
IMG_0040.jpg

The rest of the 196 was ran, and we started up the 197 which is always a good time. Tight turns, fun off camber, and some a few spots that will twist you up. Kevin found himself detained when a root got caught on his sliders and prevented him from backing up.
IMG_0046.jpg

Superwinch was called in.

Northwest Timbercrawling.
IMG_0050.jpg

Posers. :D
IMG_0053.jpg

Eric finding the hidden hole under water.
IMG_0059.jpg

After completing the 197 we headed down the 198 to play around a bit at the Fish Bowl.
IMG_0061.jpg

With it still being early in the day the group headed over to run 311.
IMG_0064.jpg

Nothing picture worthy, and like the rest of the day, no issues. We had a fast pace going all day, and with hardly any carnage we were able to run almost all the trails in about five hours.

We returned to the campground around 3:30, and found it still to be pouring down rain. Eric and I discussed our options...
1. Air up, drive three hours back to Vancouver, drink beer, eat pizza, and sleep in real beds
2. Pitch our tents in the monsoon, sit under a semi exposed covered structure all night, pack up wet gear, and make the drive back in the morning

Eric aired his tires up in record time. :D

After a lengthy fire wood run to Bonney Lake for the campers (we got guilted into it for leaving), we finally set course for home. After a good thrashing on the Jeep Eric's Mustache Ride strangely drove better on the way home. We cruised I5 at 75, and aside from losing the wipers (minor detail) no issues.

We walked in the door at 9:45, putting an end to our 16 hour day trip, that originally started out as a three day camp out.

Thanks to the local guys (Tim, Branden, Bill) for leading all day. That's how runs are suppose to go, no wrenches turned, and a lot of ground covered. Just let us know when we can return the favor, and show you around TSF.

Last edited:
This year was great. I love the trail up there. I have no Idea how the Tilted crew can navigate them so damn fast...

Thanks to all of you guys for coming out, its always a blast. We need to get you guys to TSF. So I can haul ass on trails I know :yelclap:

Tim, Brandon, Bill, Kevin That was run for the books, I can not believe the amount of ground we covered.. water we drove through and tree roots that were avoided. At one point from my passenger seat came a cry " Holy shxt is it over, can I open my eyes now." It was great.

Great Time with Larsen and company around the campfire. To all of you that didn't come because the weather sucked.. sucks for you.. you missed out.

HUGE thanks to Eric.. Yes Eric. Our Knight that rescued us from a cold cruddy.. fireless... Saturday night. And Tim too for donating some wood. Eric was awesome enough to drive do Tim's house and load up on some wood and drive back and drop it off. That was fantastic and allowed us to have a great fire Saturday night.

Awesome trip! Fantastic people and wheeling!

Great trip report guys. Thanks for posting up some great pics. I would post up some pictures, but I didn't take any. It was one of the better Evans Creek trips we have done. We had a great "difficult trail" group and had no major breakage and very little time spent waiting around. My only regret is that we never ran into the girls up there that were wheeling in their prom dresses. We will definitely have to plan a Tilted Wheelin trip down to TSF so you guys can show us around down there.

I had a blast! Never been to evans until this weekend and I got to see the whole damn place.

Dave, sorry I didnt stay but I was being a sally about the weather. Glad the wood made your night alot better!

I had a great time also from the right seat. It was a pleasure wheeling with several new people including "larson" "Mountaincajun" and "CASEY-R", thanks for the seat, it was a pleasure to ride with you.

With the exception of Richards bent tie rod we didn't have much of any damage and even got a mildly lifted JK through the trails with no damage until leaving the 102 trail and having to go through the VERY narrow gates.

Plus the bonus of being rescued by a bunch of girls in prom dresses was awsome party1:. I have to say in all of the years that I have been wheeling I have never been on the trail where there were more women than men. What a pleasure :yelclap:

Now I need to get to work on starting my project ;)

Michael
New steering on order! lol
011.jpg

damn wish i could have gone. truck trans pulls priority. next year when we are on strike i should be able to make it :)

my trip didnt go as well
630am breaks go soft on freeway pull over to find a brake line broke off got a new one from schmucks fix and on the road again
Downloads_downsized951022010846.jpg

730am all wheel studs broke off and tire came off pulled over while scott chases the tire still going 60mph pulled some studs off a rear dana 35 spare axle get them on and drive to another schmucks to get another set of correct lug nuts(mag wheels) and in the very ruff ride when the tire came off it broke my bracket holding the york oba so couldnt use air tools lame! by this time its 1020am guess were not meeting the rest of you

i dont know what time we got to evens or when we ran into you guys but as you know my upper came loose dont know how
Downloads_downsized951022011353.jpg

Downloads_downsized951022011358.jpg

then my lower broke in half luckly scott had his readywelder and we got it all welded up when it seperated the driveline came apart and goobered the splines so at this point i was calling it a day. scott said it best evens does not like me at all. last year i broke on the first obsticale of the trail this year the wheeling gods did not want me to even make it to evens. but i had fun! i didnt take many pics just a few my friend took with his phone
Downloads_1022011502.jpg

Downloads_1022011450.jpg

Back