• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Campout

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here is alyssa going through the filter at water fall.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/nick83882002/80ac12fe.mp4
matt killed a KM2

c6e4d115-06f4-9f3c.jpg

c6e4d115-0714-a619.jpg

Putting air in it to check out what happened.
a72eb7aa.jpg

That's all the pics I got

We had a great time. Glad we could finally make it out when there was no snow on the ground.

Overall I think it was a really successful trip. No huge carnage.
Aaron got a little close to tree and dented his quarter panel. Matt got a little friendly with a rock and punctured a sidewall. Not sure what happened to Jeremy's rig but it kept losing power. He went to get his tow rig and the steering gave out on it luckily we drove down the road he was blocking with his trailer lol.
I backed into a tree and cracked my tail gate if I didn't have the armor it would have been a lot worse.

Katrina holds the record in stool spins, 47 in one minute.

I have a few pics but nothing to great. Hopefully others will have some to share.
Can't wait till next time.

We had a great time. Glad we could finally make it out when there was no snow on the ground.

Overall I think it was a really successful trip. No huge carnage.
Aaron got a little close to tree and dented his quarter panel. Matt got a little friendly with a rock and punctured a sidewall. Not sure what happened to Jeremy's rig but it kept losing power. He went to get his tow rig and the steering gave out on it luckily we drove down the road he was blocking with his trailer lol.
I backed into a tree and cracked my tail gate if I didn't have the armor it would have been a lot worse.

I have a few pics but nothing to great. Hopefully others will have some to share.
Can't wait till next time.

Add a low washer fluid light on my Jeep to the carnage list. Thats a bummer too, a little too early to put in de-icer.

I feel kinda bad for taking off without seeing everyone again on sat but Shannon and me had a great time. She said it was nice meeting you all and you were far less offensive than I told her you would be.

With nick spotting me through the whole trail, I made it through the the hard section of firebreak 5 with minimal body damage. Both my electric fan and my clutch fan took a shit and close to the top of that section I was in the red and my surge tank was swelled up like a basketball and about ready to pop. somehow nick knew to tie the cooling fan to the water pump shaft with rope and after a cooldown it got me through the next section and back home just fine.

Last edited:

that stool is dangerous! no really, every screw and bolt is loose on the thing. scott, before you use it make sure to tighten everything up

TORXreport - TSF Summer Campout 11'

IMG_0073.jpg

The TSF Summer Campout run is becoming one of my favorite runs of the year. This year was once again a total blast. Rod/mojojojo and I met up Friday morning and got an early start on heading out. Much to our surprise the campground was actually pretty empty when we arrived at noon. We staked our claims to three sites, and began to settle in.

We weren't expecting anyone else for a few hours so we decided to run up to Crushers and do a pre-run hike to scout some lines. I'd call it a success, it's always better to have a clue what your going into rather than flying blind.

Throughout the rest of the evening the campground slowly began to fill up. Redjeep2.0, OrangeJeep, DellstopjeepFamily, 98cherokee35's, AwesomeXJ, BannieXJ, b16a90teg, Streetpirate, anders88XJ, ceb0217, and last but not least MnkyboyFamily. Friday evening went pretty smoothly, thankfully we didn't get kicked out, and some good times were had around the campfire and even all the way out in the day use area.

Saturday - Time to wheel.

For the most part we were winging it. We got a lazy start to the day, and waited for the day trippers to show up.
IMG_0001.jpg

It was a Jeep run after all so naturally some carnage happened on the drive out. OrangeJeep's oil filter adapter bolt broke, and started spewing oil. A McGyver fix was installed later, and he was able to drive home.
IMG_0004.jpg

Anders88XJ was able to bring his Jeep out. After a quick pit lap we heard something binding int he drive train. After a quick diagnosis he had it narrowed down to the rear wheel bearing. Typical one person working, while six others watch.
IMG_0006.jpg

No comment at this time.
IMG_0007.jpg

Morning wheeling chores.
IMG_0008.jpg

Dellstopjeep walking his purse dog.
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Around 10:00 we finally started rolling out to stage in the day use. Since I was Jeepless for this run, I didn't plan on leading it so the old NWC VP came out of retirement and stepped up. Thanks buddy, apparently he thinks I'm #1 though.
IMG_0013.jpg

The plan was to split into two groups since we had mass vehicles. One would head to Firebreak 5 and the other would start on Cedar Tree. I rode with mojojojo and we led the group up Cedar Tree.

DellstopjeepFamily. Eric looks thrilled to be riding passenger. :laugh3:
IMG_0015.jpg

It was going to be a hot day.
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Mojojojo heading under cedar tree. Unfortunately, his "new" CB antenna self clearanced.
IMG_0024.jpg

While he swapped on his spare, the rest of us waited for the tail to catch up. A tire was sliced at the back of the group. What better way to kill time than hacky sack.
IMG_0030.jpg

Once we heard the tail catching up we rolled out. Dellstopjeep's Wife going under the infamous Cedar Tree.
IMG_0032.jpg

AwesomeXJ.
IMG_0034.jpg

AwesomeXJFamily.
IMG_0035.jpg

We finished the rest of the trail with no issues. Heading out to the main road.
IMG_0041.jpg

Regrouped.
IMG_0042.jpg

So far looks like it was a great trip, I really need to get my junk put back together so I can get out there. I'm looking at trying to have it up and running by the 17th. I can't wait to get back out on the trails.

Next stop was Firebreak 5, and the infamous Rock of Doom. The fun kinda gets taken away when it's this dry. You have your typical right and left lines, but what about center? This is why I love wheeling TSF in the dry, you can try a ton of additional lines.
IMG_0044.jpg

Bronzewyrm as usual makes things look entirely way to easy with his XJ.
IMG_0050.jpg

Streetpirate got the Sex Palace repaired after NWF, and was ready to conquer FB5. He did a great job in finessing it through the obstacles.
IMG_0052.jpg

We got everyone up Rock of Doom, and started on the second section. Anders88xj jumped on the rock garden, and walked most of it while we waited for the tail to catch up. Regrouping at the top of the second section, and taking care of some trail repairs.
IMG_0054.jpg

Before starting the third section Eric and I traded spots. He forgot to take his dog with him, so I had a new trail companion.
IMG_0056.jpg

The third and fourth sections were fairly issue free. We regrouped at the Crushers staging area, had a pep talk, and those who were running crushers headed in.

Upper Loop was the goal. Three Cherokees, no bubbles no troubles. Honestly, it was kind of disappointing how easily everyone walked the trail.
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Function over form, it just flat works on the trail.
IMG_0067.jpg

98cherokee35's
IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

I would say we had three rigs done with the Upper Loop in a half hour or less taking our time. From there we headed out with the rest of the group for Saddle Up and Airplane Hill.

I was strictly a passenger on Saddle Up, so no pictures of the group. Everyone made it up pretty easy. Bronzewyrm I think showed everyone up, and crawled it in his open/open 31's XJ.

Airplane Hill is currently being logged so the trail had a temporary closure put on it.
IMG_0071.jpg

At this point we kicked up the pace, and made it a mission to get to Waterfall. We stopped by Hogsback for a quick run up it on the way. I told Dellstopjeep's Wife's, "I'm going to run up and grab take some pictures... your getting some air."

It was a controlled wheel stand, although Dellstopjeep was very tense watching his wife behind the wheel. Nicely done Alyssa! Thanks for trusting us.
IMG_0074.jpg

I wish we had video, because I had her drive out of it rather than backing off. She gained at least another foot in height (tire was already 4.5' off the ground) before it started coming down. :cool:

Last big obstacle for the group was Waterfall. We managed to get Dellstopjeep's Wife, Mojojojo, 98cherokee35's, AwesomeXJ, BannieXJ, and Redjeep2.0's_Woman up it on a variety of different lines with no issues.

Redjeep2.0's_Woman.
IMG_0079.jpg

Jeremy, 98cherokee35's.
IMG_0080.jpg

After Watefall, we started heading back to camp. Some of the group wanted to run Rocky Uphill, but those of us who had the tough job of riding in the passenger seat were ready to get back to camp and start working on the the cooler beverage situation.

Meanwhile, back at camp Nathan and Amanda (Mnkyboy/Cherokeechick81) had an amazingly awesome Chicken Alfredo dinner ready for us. It totally hit the spot after a long day on the trail, thank you!

Saturday night was once again an entertaining time in camp. "Spin it, to Win it" was the game of the night. Set the high score on max RPM while sitting on the bar stool, and TORX will give you $20. Katrina ended up taking home $20 with 47 spins! I'd say that was money well spent for how much fun it was to watch.

Good times, I love our dysfunctional family. :cheers:

This trip looks like it was really gay! Glad I ditched out!

(I have to tell myself this.. Just let it be.. Don't respond)

Back