• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHEELIN' RIMROCK 30th,31st, and the 1st!!

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
Originally the plan was to run to Elbe hills and run the total 6...? trails total. Doesn't seem worth it to some of the guys, so who wants to come over white pass to Rimrock and wheel some sweet trails for 2 days? We know all the lower trails really well but wanted to get to the stuff higher up and do some mapping and note taking. I would suggest tow points front and back and probably at least 1 locker on 33s. A winch is always a good idea but quite a few of us up there will be equipped with 1. Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Kris-

lol What trails did you run? All of us over here run rimrock a few times a month. Lots of Toyotas and Chevys too. I think the worst thing I have ever done to my Jeep there was fall through some ice covering a mud hole this last winter and maybe a few mirrors.

lol What trails did you run? All of us over here run rimrock a few times a month. Lots of Toyotas and Chevys too. I think the worst thing I have ever done to my Jeep there was fall through some ice covering a mud hole this last winter and maybe a few mirrors.

Blue slide? Short and dirty? I think those were two of 'em. Not running a windshield frame, rubbing my cage on trees and crap the whole way.

Yea, we've run blue side coming from the tampico side. Havent done short n dirty yet. Was one of the trails we were thinking of doing. You have to remember that rimrock has 100s of miles of trails. Those are just 2 that you ran and take in to consideration that they are rated most difficult. There are plenty of fun and easy trails if your into that.

So no one is up for wheelin the last weekend of this month? We'll probably have our boat up there also to do some wakeboarding...

There was a possibility of some trails being closed up divide ridge because of the Ahtanum Land exchange. There was a lot of talk but from everyone i've talked to said that nothing has come of it, at least yet. Ill double check with the Naches Ranger Station on the way out friday but im pretty sure everything is still open. If not, there are still plenty of other fun trails to run. We'll probably start with Louie Way...

Cross post from NWW

Rimrock closers
Hope your summer is going well.

This note is to let you know two recent happenings regarding the motorized trail systems on the Naches District:

1. The South Fork Tieton Watershed Restoration Temporary Closure Order is now signed. Staff will begin signing the closure area on the ground beginning Friday, July 16. This Order prohibits motorized travel on system roads and jeep trails within the closure area until project completion. The project will decommission approximately 1.0 mile of system road, relocate approximately 0.5 miles of system jeep trail, convert approximately 1.0 mile of system road to system jeep trail (and remove four barrier culverts on fish bearing streams), decommission approximately 0.3 miles of system jeep trail from Grey Creek trailhead, convert approximately 0.3 mile of user trail to system jeep trail, and construct approximately 0.1 mile of new system jeep trail. Plans are to have this project finished and the area reopened by the end of the season. The temporary restrictions have been made to protect public safety and resources during road decommissioning, culvert removal and trail conversion work. Please contact Gary Torretta at 509-653-1433 if you have questions.

The following four wheel drive trails and roads are affected: Four Wheel Driveway #642 (Butcher Knife), from Four Wheel Driveway #640 (Memorial Meadow) to Four Wheel Driveway #615 (Divide Ridge West), approximately 3.7 miles
Four Wheel Driveway #640, from FR 1050-583 to junction with Four Wheel Driveway #638 (Rocky Slide), approximately 2.7 miles
Four Wheel Driveway #621 (Blue Slide), from Grey Creek Campground to junction with Four Wheel Driveway # 636 (Donnicker Pass), approximately 3.7 miles
Non-system Four Wheel Driveway starting from the 1000-639 road, ford of Spruce Creek, to Four Wheel Driveway #621 (approximately 1.0 mile)
Forest Road 1050, southerly of the 1050-583 spur, and including all connecting spur roads (582, 583, and 589).

2. The Little Rattlesnake OHV Trail is open and ready for four wheel drive use. THANKS TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!! There are vehicle size restrictions associated with this trail and the trail is open to one-way traffic only. These were put in place to retain the difficulty of the trail, which was very important to the four wheel drive community who worked with us throughout this project. For more information call Sue Ranger at 509-653-1446.

This Order limits the vehicle size that may operate on this trail to 1) 75 inches in width from outside of tire to outside of tire, and 2) vehicles with a wheelbase not to exceed 95 inches in length from center of axle to center of axle.
The Order also limits the direction of travel for four wheel drive vehicles from the end of the Little Rattlesnake Road 1501 UP to Bethel Ridge Road 1500.

Susan Ranger
Recreation Planner/Trails and Wilderness Manager
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
Naches Ranger District
(509) 653-1446

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: Still tons of trails to wheel.

Just wanted you to know. Wish I could make it. Have fun

So no one coming over eh? Did Avanteone scare you off? lol

I was thinking about it but I'm going to be in Boise all week and won't have time to get the jeep ready.

Understandable. I've been workin on customers rigs so much Im having the same trouble finding time for mine. lol

Back