• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer BBQ - Sat. September 26

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Come on out for the annual SBNF Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer BBQ on Saturday, September 26. Meet at 12:00 PM at the Big Bear Discovery Center for food, a raffle, and the annual volunteer awards ceremony.

We could do some wheeling before or after the event if we get enough interest.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

Last edited:
Re: Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer BBQ - Sat. September 19

I thought the BBQ was on the 26th.

Re: Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer BBQ - Sat. September 19

You are correct, I thought I had edited my personal calendar with the new date but clearly had not. Original post as well as AAT workday is now edited to reflect this.

Cool.

Those dates might actually work. I was bummed about the first set of dates, but we may be able to do this one.

I wish it was on the 19th, I was kinda pissed when they changed it. I'm going to try to make it anyway.

I might be able to go, maybe even camp that night. No Jeep though, unless I somehow find a few extra days between now and then.

Hmmmmm, Jody's 150th high school reunion (don't tell I said which reunion it is) is on the 26th. The reunion is in La Verne, and we are coming out.

If the BBQ is at noon, I wonder if I could sneak up there for a couple of hours. Must remember to add this to my calendar.

David Bricker / SYR - RDU

WHEN: Saturday, September 26, 2015
WHERE: The Discovery Center: 40971 North Shore Dr. Fawnskin
TIME: Noon to 4 p.m. Lunch at 1 p.m.
WHY: To thank you for your participation and to celebrate the success of our program! Awards will be given, individuals will be acknowledged, fun will be had! The theme again this year is RED, WHITE, & BLUE!
WHAT will be provided: Barbecued beef, pork and chicken with sides and rolls. Bottled water will be available. If you want something else to drink, please bring it.

You MUST RSVP by September 13. No RSVP, no food.

Everybody please RSVP so I can forward that along.

Count me in.

And the three Varmints.

Put me down for one. If I can't get that Monday and Tuesday off work I will be there.

RSVP me as one for the BBQ, one for camping, and one for AAT... so all three of me will be there, in one body (hey, that explains why I'm not skinny--I'm really 3 people!!)

RSVP sent based on the list of folks who confirmed that they're going here. If you're not going or are bringing anybody aside from yourself (who does not appear on this list) please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Back