• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hackett Gulch or Chinawall 1/11/14

Teck719

NAXJA Forum User
I havent ever been up Hackett Gulch or the other two trails next to it so i thought i would check it out, in less I get a few people to run over China Wall then i might want togo there instead. Any ideas on trails in that area im open to just let me know thoughtit would be cool to just get a group together an wheel.

I do, but... There is some snow up there. And the original poster has the 11th of Jan as the date, not the first.

Hackett, except for the rock with that name, is mostly loose dirt and rock. MTR's are great in deep wet snow, but suck on packed icey snow. Also, I'm not 100% sure that the Hackett gulch trails are open when snow packed. Erosion control and all that shit.

Ya it would be my first time over there I usually go up gold camp since its super close but thought i might check out hackett for somthing new. Im not locked or winched lol but I have an xj ready to get into it.

I might be down for that on the 11th. That's to say if I get my doors wired by then. I'm sure I can find a few more to go as well.

So we need a time. I suggest meeting at the parking lot SW corner of 31st and Colorado.

I don't think so. It's less than 2 hours to the trail, and the trail isn't all that long anymore.

I'm ok with 10 if you don't mind me tagging along.

Yep, the SW corner of the intersection, the lot that is contiguous with the Safeway lot.

Hackett doesn't take long. Takes longer to get there then wheel it.

Still worth going even tho its a short trail right, if you were going to compare it to china wall would it be longer or shorter? Because i think chinas short.

Couldn't comment on Chinawall, never been there. You could probably do Hackett and Metberry or Longwater in the same day. All depends on how much time you spend on Hackett assuming you go to the river, which it is technically closed at park county line, but I know people have gone down to the river. :shhh:

China wall is about 45 minutes further away. How long it takes depends on how long you want it to take. All the obstacles are optional.

Are we still on for this weekend?

Back