• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab April 9-12

mc01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Heading out sat. afternoon and coming back tues. afternoon. So far its my famly, my dad with his sand rail from the spring creek trip last year (10-10-10) my brother and his friend and two more friends on dirt bikes. So far im the only 4x4 going, so if anyone else can make it there more than welcome.:woohoo:

My brother, a buddy and myself will be there on Fri-Sun of that weekend. There will be 3 XJ's and depending on which trails you plan to run we could maybe wheel together Sunday.

Whoooo, weekend off approved.

I will be heading out Friday afternoon, heading back on Monday afternoon.
Will likely have my girlfriend in tow with her WJ.

Verrry exciite.

Well it hasn't been discussed yet , but i want to run gold bar rim, golden spike, and metal masher. Not in that order, but we do plan on runnin longer trails on sunday and monday then a shorter trail on tues morning then head home.

I'll see when and what trails we are running but I think the plan is for Kane Creek, Metal Masher, Poison Spider and Hells Revenge. I need to do more research on length and time to complete to know when best to run each trail. We will be in Moab all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday returning sometime on Monday.

Sounds good, poison spider mesa was on the list of trails i would like too try and nothings set in concrete so its still an option, hells revenge is very intimating and being my first time there in a 4x4 (always dirt biked for years) i think ill wait till next time.

Moab prep begins!

Chromo shafts hopefully in tonight, pinion seal and oil change during the week... tightening everything that needs it...

As was said in another thread, "Moab is a great motivator"

Ya i got everything packed in the jeep already, ill change fluids this week and get a couple spare DS u-joints . I get to borrow my neighbors trailer so im hauling it there, i wasn't looking forward to driving it with wife and 2 kids and all our crap. case i didn't think you could do any more to that thing, its got everything! (accept sun visors)

Sounds good, poison spider mesa was on the list of trails i would like too try and nothings set in concrete so its still an option, hells revenge is very intimating and being my first time there in a 4x4 (always dirt biked for years) i think ill wait till next time.
hells is not technically demanding. just follow the black marks on the rocks. very cool scenery, but could be done in 2low if ya had it for 85% of the trail.

have fun guys, wish i could go back

bkkrehibiel and mike, where are your parties staying?

10 day forecast is saying rain for the weekend... although forecasts are not accurate past 3 days so I'll be crossing my fingers.

I am contemplating getting a covered campsite at slick rock just for the amenities, but would probably enjoy camping in a bigger group if either of you guys are doing that.

Were renting a 3bdrm apartment thats fully furnished so we dont have to eat out for every meal. My dad owns 2 houses in moab and the property mgnt place that takes care of the property's hooks him up. I was wondering what trails you-guys would want to do on sunday and monday?

I'm thinking that since Sunday will be the only FULL day that our trips overlap, that we should do the poision spider, golden spike, and something mesa, the "trifecta" or whatever it's dubbed. I think that those would take the longest and would be good for a bigger group

We are also renting a house. This was formed as a guys trip with about 6 of us staying there. A buddy of ours owns the house, its a 3br.

It looks like we may do Metal Masher on Sunday morning and Hell's Revenge in the afternoon if we have the time. I am not in charge of the trail planning so I am not sure if that will change or not. I think on our schedule was Kane Creek Friday and Poison Spider Saturday (not sure if the trifecta).

the trifecta is poison spider mesa, gold bar rim and golden spike and yes i would love to do all three on sunday. We weren't supposed to leave till sat. afternoon but now were leaving sat. early morning so i would like to possibly do hells revenge when we get there

hells goes pretty fast depending on how much you play. if youre up golden bar/spike ya have to run rusty nail-blast of a short trail

one weekend too soon man, I'll be out there the 15-18. Would've been sweet to try and hook up.

Back