• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab march 20-23

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
sunday 20-wednesday 23rd. no scenic junk just some good moab wheeling. never been and wanna go. anyone in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: tentative: moab march 20-23

Meant no trails that are 2wd stuff. I know it's all scenic. Just want good hard trails

well... i got the approval for time off. so ill be out there (whether the rig is ready or not i dunno)
ill likely camp in/on/next to the jeep.
feel free to join in, imma need a guide!

if you pay for my trip i might reconsider going to hurricane :D

hahahahaha- im a broke college kid. all my funds go INTO the jeep. why ya think imma camp in it too?! :gee:

what is this hurricane place you keep mentioning?

hahahahaha- im a broke college kid. all my funds go INTO the jeep. why ya think imma camp in it too?! :gee:

what is this hurricane place you keep mentioning?

haha it was a thought :D

it's where crawlfest was

oooohhhhh...
damn. if i didnt need to pop my moab cherry id be down to go there. looked killer!

oooohhhhh...
damn. if i didnt need to pop my moab cherry id be down to go there. looked killer!

depends on how hard of stuff your looking for, moab is all easy stuff compared to hurricane :D

this year my goal is to wheel stuff thats gonna force me to chop the top or push the body into the cage and lose some glass.

my plan for moab was stuff like green day or w/e. i heard all that stuff is pretty fun

this year my goal is to wheel stuff thats gonna force me to chop the top or push the body into the cage and lose some glass.

my plan for moab was stuff like green day or w/e. i heard all that stuff is pretty fun

ok if your gonna play at BFE thats different. but most people(at least around here) don't refer to a moab trip as running area BFE.

and if you want to lose glass and body panels area BFE will do it :D

i thought it was one in the same? :dunno:
but sounds like i would be good to go then!

now to have someone with me so i dont die!

i thought it was one in the same? :dunno:
but sounds like i would be good to go then!

now to have someone with me so i dont die!

BFE isn't part of the moab trail system. it's a private ohv play area. so it does its own things. its just close to moab :D

stay away from suicide hill and you shouldn't die! :smoker:

I recommend that if you are going to be playing at BFE that you trailer your rig, bring friends, and plenty of repair money.

Ya! If I get someone to go I'll run whatever. Just need to go

Since some of you haven't been to Moab before, let me give you a couple of bits of information. There is what they call slick rock. That means massive red sandstone formations with lots of expanses of vertical climbs and ledges. Many ledges you go up may be 20 feet or more. There is lots of what in mountain climbing we call exposure.

Area BFE is south of most of the slick rock and has a completely different geology. It is mostly washout trails with tight severe v notches, sandy bottoms, and severe ledges with undercuts. In some ways it is more like Carnage BV but the rocks aren't granite, they are a hard form of sandstone and are covered with scrub brush and sage brush.

You can find many places that are similar to BFE around Colorado, but slick rock is a different animal. The "exposure" of slick rock has to be experienced to be understood. Dropping off the side of a quarter mile high sandstone dome with a 50 degree down angle has to be experienced. Dropping into a 30 foot deep hot tub with almost vertical sides is a trip. Doing a long near vertical climb of 500 feet where if you gas it, even a little too much you do a wheelstand with nothing to stop you going end over end all the way to the bottom is going to get your heart rate up.

I say all this to state that the Moab experience is more than one area. Not tasting all of the offerings is like eating an entre and forgeting the desert.

moab march 20-23

can i get a moderator to change the title of this thread?
it is no longer tentative. i WILL be out there on those days, hopefully not alone :gag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back