• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Canon Digital Rebel XT

bigalpha

I am selling my Canon because I'm looking to get a new camera (Panasonic DMC-TS1). The camera and lens are in perfect shape with no scratches or blemishes. Every part of this is in perfect condition with no issues at all. I'm looking to sell quick so I can get my new camera.

Listing everything for $350obo, all or nothing. I won't sell individual parts.

The sale includes the following:
- Digital Rebel XT
- EF-S 18-55 Lens
- 128MB CF Card
- 2GB SanDisk Ultra II CF Card
- Ultraviolet lens filter
- Polarized lens filter
- Lens cap (both for on and off the camera)
- Battery and battery charger
- Camera bag
- Original box
- User manual in English and other languages
- All original paperwork

I can take more pics or provide more info. Here's a link to some pics of what I'm selling: LINK

Here's a link to pics I've taken with the camera. The camera doesn't make the panoramas, but you can see the quality of the pictures that the camera takes: LINK

Last edited:
great camera.... gl with the sale... also got some great photos on your flickr page

if I had the money id buy it to give as a gift to someone... I have the XTi and love it...

Yeah, this camera has lots of good features, but I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy so the waterproofness of the TS1 is very appealing. Along with the HD video.

I still have THE Digital Rebel.

I used a standalone program to stitch them together into the panorama; I don't know if the included software has that ability. The photos that make up the panorama are not resized to be smaller.

Here's a good example. Click the picture for poster size.

And another:

I don't remember how many pics it took to get that first pano done, but it was probably 4 or so. You can use more or less. I just dragged a bunch of photos to the program and it did all the work.

The camera takes pretty good up-close pics, but I don't have a dedicated macro lens for it. It takes clear pics from at least a few inches away. I don't have the specs on the macro right now, though.

It does have this neat mode that takes pics back to back so you get a sequence of pics. (LINK EXAMPLE). It also can take high speed pics so it 'freeze frames' something that's moving fast.

The camera is a GREAT lightweight dSLR. It just exceeds what I'm looking for in a camera.

Yeah, that's in part to the program and in part to the amazing picture clarity of the camera. It takes very consistent pictures.

im discussing it with my wife currently, she has no use for it (likes here canon point shoot camera) and she is going to ask my mom-law if she wants it... but im going to try and see if we can get it because i just dont want to pass up such a good oppertunity.

The point and shoots are good for portability, but the dSLR line is good for picture quality. I find that they take much more consistent pics and are much less prone to having fisheye distortion and fringe colors.

The battery lasts a helluva long time, too. I've gone months without charging it and using it infrequently.

Edit: LINK to a folder with all the panos i have so far.

Last edited:
This pic's resolution is 1024x683. Click for 2496x1664. This is not a panorama.
3921128799_d6680476f2_b.jpg

Back