• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bay Area car wash

NoCoastFocus

NAXJA Forum User
I am going mad trying to find a place where I can get out and wash my Jeep with a high pressure hose and not an automatic car wash. I don't mind letting someone else wash it, but I just need to get the undercarriage and engine bay clean. Does anyone know of a car wash like this? I don't mind driving a little ways either but near San Mateo would be good. Let me know.

Pretty much any "coin-op" car wash should have a HP hose you can use.

If it's just mud and dirt, put a "stream nozzle" on a garden hose and mains will usually do the trick (reducing the hose to a 1/4" orifice will help loosen most of the crud you'll find - without risking damaging anything with excess water pressure. You can find nozzles like that at OSH without too much trouble, and for only a few bucks.)

There's a few of them in Fremont.

One is at Thornton and Fremont Blvd. It's tucked inbetween the Chevron and Wienerschnitzel. Kinda back off the street.

The other one I know of is on Chapel off of Fremont Blvd. It's behind the 7-11.

I've used the one at Thornton and Fremont a few times. Not the worst I've been to, but not the best either. Everything works for the most part when I've been there.

i have a pressure washer, you're welcomed to come by with your own jug of 87 octane to hose whatever you need hosed. i'm in fremont though.

Last edited:
I am trying to find a coin-op car wash i guess. I just haven't had any luck. I will look into Fremont, I just wanna find one a little closer. Any in the San Jose area?

why not go on craigslist and find a pressure washer. you can probably find one for under $100. convenient, saves time/gas from driving around to a coin-op, and probably pays for itself in less than a year's worth of use. when you're done with it later on, you can probably sell it for a fair amount as well. just a suggestion. i imagine for all the times you've gone to Duckie's =), you're already paying $10-20 each time.

NoCoastFocus said:
I am trying to find a coin-op car wash i guess. I just haven't had any luck. I will look into Fremont, I just wanna find one a little closer. Any in the San Jose area?

South San Jose of 85. Blossom Hill and Snell by the Arby's.

also 1 on saratoga between san tomas and stevens creek

edit: and on winchester in campbell

5-90 said:
And on Almaden - a couple blocks south of Alma, as I recall.

If you're in north San Jose, you should also be able to find one in Milpitas - either on Main or on Abel.

its on S. Main st., Malepenis... I mean Milpitas.

Back