• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

option breakdown

Does anyone have a chart with a breakdown of all the options that were available for the '99 XJ?

I know this isn't a direct answer, but: if you're just trying to figure out what yours left the factory with, take the VIN to your local dealer's service department and request an option sheet for the vehicle. If they don't know how to pull that, tell them it's part of the VIP report. They may push back on giving you that because it contains personal information for previous owners, but usually just saying that all you need is the option sheet will get it in your hands.

Late edit: you can still get this info via email - go here and select 'Send us an Email' (can't link it directly, evidently). Again, just explain that you want the option sheet; last time I did this, the turnaround on it was about 24 hours.

One thing I will add regarding the VIP report: option codes have been reused over the years as models and features changed, so when you do get it don't be surprised if there are a couple of things listed on there that no XJ ever came with.

Last edited:
I'm more like I am looking to find out what options were out there that my XJ didn't come with.

OK, slightly different approach: start here and check off what you know it has already. From there, we can do some filling in of the blanks.

I'm not aware of any Chrysler option lists being available online for that year, so something like these may be your best bet. One problem I can see with that link is that it doesn't list the Up-Country package (which may be what they consider 'Skid Plates' to mean), so contacting Chrysler and working backwards from there may be your best bet.

OK, slightly different approach: start here and check off what you know it has already. From there, we can do some filling in of the blanks.

I'm not aware of any Chrysler option lists being available online for that year, so something like these may be your best bet. One problem I can see with that link is that it doesn't list the Up-Country package (which may be what they consider 'Skid Plates' to mean), so contacting Chrysler and working backwards from there may be your best bet.

According to that site, I'm doing better then I thought. What are the 'HD radiator", Transmission electronic control, and Transmission lock-up torque converter?

According to that site, I'm doing better then I thought. What are the 'HD radiator"

Pretty much exactly what it suggests - an improved unit compared to the standard model. Mine got it as part of the tow package, but I believe it could be specced separately from that. RHD postal models also got it.

Transmission electronic control, and Transmission lock-up torque converter?

Standard features. If it's an AW4 auto and it's in an XJ, it has them - and your '99 will.

Back