• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2012 Fourpeaks cleanup

crgeorge

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

It's the time of year that I like to announce this years Fourpeaks/Sugarloaf cleanup. This years cleanup will be held on Saturday November the 3rd. I know it's a while away but at least hopefully it will make everyone's calender. Last year we had a great turn out despite the weather with nearly 100 volunteers. We managed to fill 2 60 yard roll off dumpsters graciously supplied by Allied Waste. To find the cleanup site, travel North on highway 87 to the Fourpeaks turn off, East from highway 87 between mile markers 203 and 204 on forest service road 143. The cleanup will be staged approx 1/2 mile from highway 87 in the Fourpeaks staging area. This is our 3rd annual cleanup and we hope to have a fantastic turn out. There will be a raffle as in previous years. You can see a list of sponsors as they become named on our webpage, www.copperstate4wheelers.com
I will try hard to keep up with all the online forums and post updates as they become available. You can also follow updates on our Facebook as well. For questions you can contact me at [email protected].
Thank you all in advance for helping to make this year's cleanup a huge success.

Chad, Copperstate 4 wheelers.

I will go for sure. just don't let me fall off of Fish Creek Hill if we go that way. I hate that road.

Hi all. I wanted to remind everyone about the Fourpeaks cleanup this year. It will be held on Saturday November 3rd. Meeting time is 8AM. To find the cleanup site, travel North on highway 87 to the Fourpeaks turn off, East of highway 87 between mile markers 203 and 204 on forest service road 143. The cleanup will be staged approx 1/2 mile from highway 87 in the Fourpeaks staging area. Volunteers will be entered into a raffle which will be drawn at noon. Sponsors for the raffle include: Desert Rat, Rigid Industries, Asfir 4x4, Sierra Expeditions, Expeditioneers, and Hero Offroad to name a few. Children will also be entered into a special raffle. Please bring lunch, shovels, rakes, gloves, sunscreen, small trailers to help haul trash, and any other equipment that may be useful. This year, we need help with contractor grade trashbags. Also, maybe there is someone out there who wouldn't mind helping to sponsor lunch? If you have any questions, please PM me here or email me at [email protected]
Thank you, Chad.

Hello everyone, the Fourpeaks cleanup is quickly approaching and still on schedule rain or shine. I will be onsite Friday night and spending Saturday night out there as well. We may even take a trail ride after the cleanup. Anyways, as a reminder, To find the cleanup site, travel North on highway 87 to the Fourpeaks turn off, East from highway 87 between mile markers 203 and 204 on forest service road 143. Our staging area is approximately 1/2 mile from the highway in the Fourpeaks staging area. Meeting time is 8am. We will work until approximately 2pm, lunch is at 1230 (not provided, sorry guys) and raffle to follow at 130pm. When volunteers register, they will get 1 raffle ticket, including the children. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to buy raffle tickets for a Smitty Bilt 8000 pound winch we will be raffling off. Tickets are $5 each, or 5 for $20. We will have a brief safety meeting before heading out. Please remember to bring closed toe shoes, rakes, shovels, gloves, water, sunscreen, hats, lunch, and whatever else you might find to be helpful. We would also gladly accept any donations for trash bags. Contractor bags in the 50 count are $23 at Home Depot. Small utility trailers are also welcomed as we will use them to bring trash back to the staging area. I want to acknowledge our sponsors: Desert Rat offroad and truck centers, Hero Offroad, Rigid Industries, Asfir 4x4, Expeditioneers, and Mel's Napa. If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you to everyone in advance. We really appreciate your participation and could not do this without you. Chad.

Wish I could go, but am too busy with home renovations right now.

Back