• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest - Hermit Valley via Strawberry Pass Late Thursday or early Friday?

rocknxj

NAXJA Forum User
100K XJ and I will be driving our rigs through Strawberry Pass on the way to Hermit Valley. We plan to hit the trail by 9:00 am Friday at the latest so we can get to camp early afternoon. The second option is to meet at Strawberry Thursday evening at 6:00 pm for arrival at camp by 10:00 pm.

Anybody else leaving for Hermit Valley late Thursday/early Friday who wants to get there via Strawberry Pass?

100K XJ and I will be driving our rigs through Strawberry Pass on the way to Hermit Valley. We plan to hit the trail by 9:00 am Friday at the latest so we can get to camp early afternoon. The second option is to meet at Strawberry Thursday evening at 6:00 pm for arrival at camp by 10:00 pm.

Anybody else leaving for Hermit Valley late Thursday/early Friday who wants to get there via Strawberry Pass?

I will be at camp thursday afternoon. I will want to set up my camp first so it is all set.

So what's the final plan on strawberry? I'm planning on doing the run.

The kid and I both have plans Thursday night so we are planning to be at the trailhead by 9 am Friday. That should put us at Hermit campground around 1 pm.

Cool. My dad will be with me. Looks like we're going to camp somewhere in the area Thursday night. We'll see you on Friday!

Are we still going to use cb ch 4?

I know that was the channel last year. Unless someone says otherwise, I'll use it.

I know that was the channel last year. Unless someone says otherwise, I'll use it.

Ok that is what i will go with. I will have it on.

My plan was to take Strawberry Pass to Hwy 88, then to Hwy 89 and a fill-up at Markleeville, then on to Hwy 4 and Hermit Valley. Your idea is intriguing, however....

my buddy camped at blue lakes a couple weeks ago, he stopped by the ranger station first off 88 by forestdale road which is the one that travels south and connects to dv. He said the road on that end is closed due to snow drifts and probably won't be open all year according to the ranger. They basically closed it by putting a giant rock in the middle of the trail, so you may or may not be able to climb over it and get through, but even if you do you may get hassled by the ranger.
So, with that said you might wanna stick to your plans and take pavement to dv from strawberry.

Cool. My dad will be with me. Looks like we're going to camp somewhere in the area Thursday night. We'll see you on Friday!

What happened to the blond chick from last year? I'll look for you at the Strawberry trailhead by 9:00 am Friday morning, blond chick or not. CB channel 4 sounds good.

What happened to the blond chick from last year? I'll look for you at the Strawberry trailhead by 9:00 am Friday morning, blond chick or not. CB channel 4 sounds good.

Haha you mean Kristi. She's always just been a good friend. She has a boyfriend this year.

nope, but I almost killed us both on deer valley last year :p

Taylor, it looks like you are the only one I'll be meeting at the Strawberry trail tomorrow morning. Let me know of you are going to meet me at 9 or if you have had a change in plans.

I plan to leave the house by 6:45 and should be at the staging area (by the bridge) by 9, depending on traffic, last minute gas run, etc. Hopefully we'll be on the trail by 9:30. No need to air down or disconnect for that trail so cruising to Hermit Valley campground will be quick and painless once we get to Hwy 88.

'twas exactly as you said. other than the time :p :p Mind posting some pics? My dad semi-promised some pics to a friend.
[

'twas exactly as you said. other than the time :p :p Mind posting some pics? My dad semi-promised some pics to a friend.
[

I briefly glanced at the pics last night but I won't get to them for a few more days. I'll send a note to the kid and have him post some pics that he took.

ok, no worries

Here's some pics of Strawberry:
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Last edited:
Back