• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax Locker Issue

92xj01

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of installing a 1250-LR into my Chrysler 8.25 on my 2001 Cherokee. I’m at the point where I have to put the cross pin back in and it doesn’t seem there is space for it to slide back in. I pushed and pulled on the axle shafts numerous times while pushing against the Collars that go over the C- clips to see if they would seat better but still no luck. Is there something I am missing here? I attached a picture of the assembly in its current state to show you where I’m having the issue with cross pin clearance. Everything has been done by the book so far and I’m stuck on what to do from here…

image3.jpeg

You would probably get more responses if you posted this in "Modified Tech". The member's forum doesn't see much traffic.

What gears are you installing? Once you start getting up there in the numerically higher gears you start getting into the need to grind some teeth for clearance.

You would probably get more responses if you posted this in "Modified Tech".

I put in a request to have it moved for him. BTW, 92xj01, welcome to NAXJA!

Tom, don't encourage cross posting.:nono:

Last edited:
I put in a request to have it moved for him. BTW, 92xj01, welcome to NAXJA!

Tom, don't encourage cross posting.:nono:

Moved. OP what is it hitting? Ring gear or a shaft?

Are the wheel bearings and seals brand new?, sometimes it’s tight with fresh wheel bearings.
In the instructions for the power trax, they should have you check the center gap clearance, was this in spec?

1) No pic shows up

2) Are you SURE you have the spacers in the right way ? 1 way will move the c-clips closer to the center pin than the other does (and give you the same problem you describe)

Seems some cross posting is better than no posting.

Post em up every where.

I had to Sand two teeth to make room for pin to fit with 4.88s.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back