• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crate Stroker- Hesco or Golen

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Are Golen and Hesco the way to go for a crate stroker motor? I am in the works to replace my motor in my 2000.

I haul a medium size boat with my jeep, plan on owning it into the foreseeable future (this is the only vehicle I have ever bought/owned and I'm 32... bought her when I was 16), I don't currently drive a lot, and will continue to use the jeep for a DD. Money is not a major hurdle so not looking for a $400 stroker... but I also don't want to drop 15k into the motor if you know what I mean.

Any other suggestions? Either better? Give me your dd experiences.

The only way to tell would be to look at a breakdown of the parts and price. I built mine with my local machinist for the block and Russ P for the custom headwork, with me doing the labor it came in at just over $5K.

BTW, I looked at both of those before deciding to build. There is also Clegg for stroker "kits".

Yea, I am going to be completely honest... I know nothing about the quality of each of the various parts. I was hoping I could be enlightened by you guys.

I am also a little concerned that Golen is having a "raffle" for an engine for $50 a ticket. He will sell 250 tickets... why not always sell motors like that he will get a cool 12,500 for a motor he sells for $6000 if he sells all his tickets.

That's why you need to know what your looking at, even O'reilly's sells a stroker.

Russ Pottenger is the guy to talk to.

Russ is too busy with other things to build engines anymore. I have been hitting him up since this spring, with no luck. He is too busy pushing out stroker kits.

Back